Zabaware releases new Ultra Hal 7.0
December 19, 2017
After many years of development, Zabaware is proud to introduce Ultra Hal 7.0. Ultra Hal 7 introduces a cloud-connected brain that gives Hal to a 26 million (and growing) database of past conversations. Compared to Ultra Hal 6's built in 200,000 sentence database, this is a vast improvement in conversational knowledge. Through the cloud, Hal now also has access to Wikipedia and question & answer databases to increase its factual knowledge as well.
A newly introduced feedback learning mode gives you a thumbs up and thumbs down button to allow you to give Hal immediate feedback on the quality of its answers. This has immediate impact on Hal's responses and takes Hal's learning ability to a new level.
Download Free Trial Purchase $29.95
Full list of what's new in Ultra Hal 7 since version 6.2:
- Biggest improvement: Cloud based learning. Hal can now optionally connect to the "Hal Cloud" brain over the internet to help formulate better responses. As of October 2017 this is a knowledge base of over 26 million sentences of conversation from 1.6 million people. Contrast with the 200,000 sentence database in the default Ultra Hal 6.2 installation. Hal is more intelligent than ever before.
- Feedback learning. You can now give Hal feedback on the quality of its responses with a thumbs up and thumbs down button which Hal learns and has an immediate response on the quality of its responses. In addition you can see other answers Hal was considering and guide Hal toward better ones.
- Your personal Hal bot can follow you from your home desktop, to your laptop, office PC, and in the near future your phone and tablet too. When connected to the "Hal Cloud", your Hal's brain is stored online and instantly available anywhere.
- Access to Wikipedia based answered in cloud mode
- New Hal mobile phone character. Old Hal character still available, but renamed to "Hal Classic CRT"
- New audio wave character simply displays an animated wave audio line when character is speaking
- Program name changed from "Ultra Hal Assistant" to just "Ultra Hal" to shift marketing focus away from assistant functionality to Hal's strengths in its ability to chat, learn, and be a companion. Renamed EXE to ultrahal7.exe
- Splash screen and graphics updated to new version
- Ultra Hal now installs and uses the open source Double Agent library instead of the old MSAgent. This brings full compatibility to MSAgent characters to Windows 7 and newer with full SAPI 5 voice support.
- Hal can answer questions about opposites (What is the opposite of X?)
- Hal can talk about day of week and month (What day of week is it? What month is it?)
- Basic knowledge of alphabet (What letter comes before Z? What letter is after B?)
- Ability to count letters in word (How many letters are in the word computer?)
- Bot memory test: (Q: The football was kicked by Fred. Who kicked the football? A: Fred.)
- Improved math abilities (less false positives and better word problem abilities)
- Software shield license system removed and replaced with simpler login to Zabaware.com server
- Chant SpeechKit upgraded from version 6 to 7. This adds native support for Cereproc voices among other speech system improvements
- Ultra Hal now generates Haptek INI files for Haptek, removing the need to rerun Haptek SAPI config when changing voice settings. This also adds support for Zabaware sold Cereproc voices to Haptek.
- Ultra Hal now uses RegFree COM manifest files for most of its DLL/ActiveX/OCX files. This simplifies installation and minimizes possibility of "DLL Hell" collisions/incompatibilities with other Windows applications. RegFree COM was introduced in Windows XP SP2, so this change now effectively removes support for older versions of Windows from Hal.
- Ultra Hal no longer writes any data files to its "Program Files" location but instead to each individual Windows Users AppData\Roaming folder. This makes Hal more compliant with Microsoft guidelines and also makes it possible for each Windows user to have their own seperate Hal config.
- Improved corrections and substitutions tables for correcting more common errors and understanding more shorthand
- Ultra Hal checks for product updates when connected to cloud service
- Registry setting to adjust speech recognition auto enter countdown start time (SRCountDownStart)
- The Hal Brain Editor can show the cloud brain thought process. For local responses, it can now show you exactly where in a table a response was found in.
- Automatic migration of Hal 6 brain into Hal 7. Also automatically imports characters from Hal 6 to Hal 7
- Various minor bug fixes
- New Ultra Hal 7.0 Released!
- Zabaware releases new Ultra Hal 7.0 with huge cloud-based brain (read more)
- Ask The Candidates 2016: www.trump.ai
- Bot responds with real quotes from presidential candidate Donald Trump (external site)
- New CereProc Voices
- Zabaware has released a new Text-to-Speech Reader with CereProc voices (read more)
- Hal plays role in Prometheus movie
- Zabaware's AI software was used in the Secret Cinema production of Prometheus. (read more)
- AskTheCandidates2012.com - AI in politics
- Zabaware's AI technology allows voters to learn about political candidates. (read more)
- Open source 3D character engine project
- Help support our efforts in the next generation character animation tech. (read more)
- Hal is now available for Apple Devices
- Ultra Hal is available as a free web app for your IOS device. (read more)
- Hal Learns and Interacts on Twitter
- Hal learns to be more human-like by observing people interact on Twitter. (read more)
- Hal Joins Facebook as Teachable App
- Watch Hal grow and evolve while he interacts with your Facebook friends. (read more)
- Hal Joins Second Life Metaverse as Resident
- Watch Hal trying to interact socially with unsuspecting groups of people. (read more)
- Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for AI
- Ultra Hal wins "most human" prize in the 17th annual Loebner Prize. (read more)