Artificial Intelligence Socially Interacts with and Learns from People on Facebook
February 19, 2010
Zabaware unleashes artificial intelligence technology known as Ultra Hal as a Facebook app. Ultra Hal is a conversational system capable of understanding the English language. It evolves and learns through social interaction with Facebook users.
Erie, PA, February 19, 2010 --(PR.com)-- Zabaware is the maker of the award winning Ultra Hal software, artificial intelligence technology that won the "most human" computer of the year in the 17th annual Loebner Prize Competition for Artificial Intelligence (AI). Zabaware's Ultra Hal has recently become an app on Facebook that socially interacts with and learns from Facebook users that talk with it.
Zabaware is an Erie, Pennsylvania based company that specializes in artificial intelligence technology. The company's mission "giving your computer the power of thought" once considered a futuristic pipe dream is becoming a reality. It is one thing to talk to your computer it is quite another to have a conversation where you are exchanging information and the computer learns and utilizes the information in the future. Zabaware's Ultra Hal technology and its associated brain are currently doing just that. The software can give computers a personality using AI technology, speech recognition technology, and real-time animation.
Ultra Hal is like an inquisitive child and is capable of learning new things from conversations based on complex natural language processing technology capable of statistically analyzing past conversations. The social aspects of Facebook allow the technology to dynamically alter and optimize Hal's personality to each individual Facebook user and their group of friends. If a Facebook user teaches Hal about their own life and about their group of friends then Hal will be able to utilize that information when speaking to any of that person's friends, but will not use that information when speaking to a different Facebook user that is not a friend. This way Hal can evolve to be like one of your closest buddies because he knows all the information you and your friends taught him while ignoring information from strangers. Facebook users can find Hal on Facebook at facebook.com/Zabaware.
In addition to being on Facebook, Zabaware's Ultra Hal software is available for anyone to download and install on their Windows PC. Once installed, it can be used as a companion or entertainment product. Hal can discuss any topic and learns and evolves from conversations. Hal can also be used as a personal or office assistant. Hal can function as a personal information manager (PIM) and keep track of your appointments, contacts, and more. The artificial intelligence software is available for download at www.zabaware.com as a free 30-day trial, and costs $29.95 to use after that.
- New Ultra Hal 7.5 Beta with GPT-3
- Zabaware releases new Ultra Hal 7.5 Beta Powered by OpenAI GPT-3 (read more)
- Hal plays role in Prometheus movie
- Zabaware's AI software was used in the Secret Cinema production of Prometheus. (read more)
- Open source 3D character engine project
- Help support our efforts in the next generation character animation tech. (read more)
- Hal Learns and Interacts on Twitter
- Hal learns to be more human-like by observing people interact on Twitter. (read more)
- Hal Joins Facebook as Teachable App
- Watch Hal grow and evolve while he interacts with your Facebook friends. (read more)
- Hal Joins Second Life Metaverse as Resident
- Watch Hal trying to interact socially with unsuspecting groups of people. (read more)
- Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for AI
- Ultra Hal wins "most human" prize in the 17th annual Loebner Prize. (read more)