Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for Artificial Intelligence
October 21, 2007
Today Zabaware’s Ultra Hal software won
the “most human” computer of the year in the 17th annual Loebner Prize Competition for
Artificial Intelligence (AI). The contest was held in New York City hosted by philanthropist Hugh
The Loebner Prize is an annual competition (sponsored by Crown Industries) where software programs attempt to convince human judges that they are actually people. The format of the competition is called a Turing Test. In a Turing Test a judge talks with 2 “entities” simultaneously through a text-based instant messaging system. One entity is a human and the other is a computer. It is up to the judge to decide which is which by typing questions to both entities and receiving answers.
Zabaware is an Erie, Pennsylvania based company that specializes in artificial intelligence technology. The company’s mission “giving your computer the power of thought” once considered a futuristic pipe dream is becoming a 2007 reality.
It is one thing to talk to your computer it is quite another to have a conversation where you are exchanging information and the computer learns and utilizes the information in the future. Zabaware’s Ultra Hal technology and its associated brain are currently doing just that. The software can give your computer a personality using AI technology, speech recognition technology, and real-time animation. It can be used as an entertainment program, a companion, or an office assistant. It learns from conversations and evolves and improves the more it talks with a person. In addition to chat it can perform useful functions such as remembering and reminding of appointments, keeping an address book, dialing phone numbers, launching program, and more.
Zabaware’s Ultra Hal software runs on most standard Windows computers. The artificial intelligence software is available for download at www.zabaware.com as a free 30-day trial.
- New Ultra Hal 7.0 Released!
- Zabaware releases new Ultra Hal 7.0 with huge cloud-based brain (read more)
- Ask The Candidates 2016: www.trump.ai
- Bot responds with real quotes from presidential candidate Donald Trump (external site)
- New CereProc Voices
- Zabaware has released a new Text-to-Speech Reader with CereProc voices (read more)
- Hal plays role in Prometheus movie
- Zabaware's AI software was used in the Secret Cinema production of Prometheus. (read more)
- AskTheCandidates2012.com - AI in politics
- Zabaware's AI technology allows voters to learn about political candidates. (read more)
- Open source 3D character engine project
- Help support our efforts in the next generation character animation tech. (read more)
- Hal is now available for Apple Devices
- Ultra Hal is available as a free web app for your IOS device. (read more)
- Hal Learns and Interacts on Twitter
- Hal learns to be more human-like by observing people interact on Twitter. (read more)
- Hal Joins Facebook as Teachable App
- Watch Hal grow and evolve while he interacts with your Facebook friends. (read more)
- Hal Joins Second Life Metaverse as Resident
- Watch Hal trying to interact socially with unsuspecting groups of people. (read more)
- Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for AI
- Ultra Hal wins "most human" prize in the 17th annual Loebner Prize. (read more)