Artificial Intelligence Interacts with and Learns from People on Social Networks
February 14, 2011
Zabaware unleashes artificial intelligence technology known as Ultra Hal on social network Twitter. Ultra Hal is a conversational system capable of understanding and interacting in the English language. Its intelligence stems from the collective wisdom of everybody who has interacted with the system as well as samplings of the 95,000,000+ daily messages posted on Twitter.
Erie, PA, February 14, 2011 --(PR.com)-- Zabaware is the maker of the award winning Ultra Hal software, artificial intelligence technology that won the “most human” computer of the year in the 17th annual Loebner Prize Competition for Artificial Intelligence (AI). Zabaware has recently integrated this technology on to Twitter, a popular social network where users post over 95,000,000 short messages to each other every day.
Zabaware is an Erie, Pennsylvania based company that specializes in artificial intelligence technology. The company's mission "giving your computer the power of thought" once considered a futuristic pipe dream is becoming a reality. It is one thing to talk to your computer it is quite another to have a conversation where you are exchanging information and the computer learns and utilizes the information in the future. Zabaware's Ultra Hal technology and its associated brain are currently doing just that. The software can give computers a personality using AI technology, speech recognition technology, and real-time animation. Like the noteworthy Jeopardy playing computer by IBM called Watson, Zabaware's Ultra Hal is a natural language processing artificial intelligence. But whereas Watson is a question answering system geared at a game show, Ultra Hal's AI is designed to engage human beings in conversation.
Ultra Hal is like an inquisitive child and is capable of learning new things from conversations based on complex natural language processing technology capable of statistically analyzing past conversations. The algorithms behind Ultra Hal have been in development for over 16 years and the recent explosion of social networking has given the system a huge conversational pool to base its knowledge on. The system analyzes hundreds of thousands of conversations publically available on Twitter each and every day. These conversations, along with conversations the system has with web visitors and users of its Facebook app, get assimilated into a large conversational database that becomes the base of knowledge for the artificial intelligence. Having a conversation with Ultra Hal is, in effect, like having a conversation with the “collective consciousness” of Twitter, Facebook, and user's of Ultra Hal. Hal's personality is a reflection of all of these people.
Twitter users can interact with Hal by posting a message to @UltraHal. Facebook users can find Hal on Facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/ultrahal or through Zabaware's homepage. In addition to being on these social networks, Zabaware's Ultra Hal software is available for anyone to download and install on their Windows PC. Once installed, it can be used as a companion or entertainment product. Hal can discuss any topic and learns and evolves from conversations. Hal can also be used as a personal or office assistant. Hal can function as a personal information manager (PIM) and keep track of your appointments, contacts, and more. The artificial intelligence software is available for download at www.zabaware.com as a free 30-day trial, and costs $29.95 to use after that.
- New Ultra Hal 7.0 Released!
- Zabaware releases new Ultra Hal 7.0 with huge cloud-based brain (read more)
- Ask The Candidates 2016: www.trump.ai
- Bot responds with real quotes from presidential candidate Donald Trump (external site)
- New CereProc Voices
- Zabaware has released a new Text-to-Speech Reader with CereProc voices (read more)
- Hal plays role in Prometheus movie
- Zabaware's AI software was used in the Secret Cinema production of Prometheus. (read more)
- AskTheCandidates2012.com - AI in politics
- Zabaware's AI technology allows voters to learn about political candidates. (read more)
- Open source 3D character engine project
- Help support our efforts in the next generation character animation tech. (read more)
- Hal is now available for Apple Devices
- Ultra Hal is available as a free web app for your IOS device. (read more)
- Hal Learns and Interacts on Twitter
- Hal learns to be more human-like by observing people interact on Twitter. (read more)
- Hal Joins Facebook as Teachable App
- Watch Hal grow and evolve while he interacts with your Facebook friends. (read more)
- Hal Joins Second Life Metaverse as Resident
- Watch Hal trying to interact socially with unsuspecting groups of people. (read more)
- Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for AI
- Ultra Hal wins "most human" prize in the 17th annual Loebner Prize. (read more)