Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2Ultra Hal Assistant is a conversational system for your Windows PC based on award winning artificial intelligence technology.
What can it be used for?
- As a companion/entertainment product: Hal can discuss any topic and learns and evolves from your conversations
- As a personal or office assistant: Hal can function as a personal information manager (PIM) and keep track of your appointments, contacts, and more
- Understands spoken or typed English
- Learns from every sentence
- 3D avatars show emotion
- Speaks out loud
- Personality evolves over time
- Can keep address/phone/email book
- Keeps appointment book
- Performs unit conversions
- Launches applications
- Helps browse the Internet
- Can define any word
- Customizable with built-in VBScript
Zabaware Text-to-Speech ReaderThe Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader is an application that uses a speech synthesizer to read documents and more outloud. It is available for free with generic voices or sold with high quality AT&T Natural Voices at the lowest prices in the industry.
Features and Uses
- Read documents, emails, web pages, and Windows dialog boxes out loud in one of many high quality voices.
- Add up to 11 high quality AT&T Natural Voices to Ultra Hal Assistant (above) and any other SAPI compliant application.
- You can use advanced CereVoice by CereProc to achieve voices that sound real and have character.
- Assists people with reading disabilites (including dyslexia) and concentration problems (including ADD/ADHD). By reading along as it speaks you combine your visual and auditory senses to help comprehend and concrentrate on the topic.
- Quickly devour large amounts of reading material through speed reading. Simply set the speech speed high and read along as the program flashes on the screen the word it speaking.
- Using the science of rapid serial visual presentation the program helps reduce eye movement while reading and adds supplementary fast spoken speech for increased comprehension.
- Text can be saved as an audio file for transfer to an audio CD or iPod/MP3 player so you can listen on the go.
- Helps with proofreading your own work. Hearing your documents spoken outloud makes it easy to spot mistakes.
- Turing Test 2014 Blog
- Read about the Turing Test that took place in London on June 7, 2014. (external site)
- New CereProc Voices
- Zabaware has released a new Text-to-Speech Reader with CereProc voices (read more)
- Hal plays role in Prometheus movie
- Zabaware's AI software was used in the Secret Cinema production of Prometheus. (read more)
- AskTheCandidates2012.com - AI in politics
- Zabaware's AI technology allows voters to learn about political candidates. (read more)
- Open source 3D character engine project
- Help support our efforts in the next generation character animation tech. (read more)
- Hal is now available for Apple Devices
- Ultra Hal is available as a free web app for your IOS device. (read more)
- Hal Learns and Interacts on Twitter
- Hal learns to be more human-like by observing people interact on Twitter. (read more)
- Hal Joins Facebook as Teachable App
- Watch Hal grow and evolve while he interacts with your Facebook friends. (read more)
- Hal Joins Second Life Metaverse as Resident
- Watch Hal trying to interact socially with unsuspecting groups of people. (read more)
- Zabaware Wins Loebner Prize for AI
- Ultra Hal wins "most human" prize in the 17th annual Loebner Prize. (read more)