dupa

Author Topic: the solution is The solution is (-=). sign  (Read 7095 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
the solution is The solution is (-=). sign
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »
i think someone else said before that the reason this comes up is because the question ? was to long ?? written to hal ? is this right ?? is their a way to make a next version of hal to accept long written out statements (answers ) ? i like make better longer sentences but seems like when i do i get this abouve sign (in the subject area above ) . robert could a fix be made to allow hal users to create longer sentences ?? for hal to learn . [:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »
L.S.,
That doesn't even begin to compute.......
[?][?][?][?][?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »
The phrase "The solution is..." signifies Hal thought your sentence was a math problem and is trying to solve it. If you could send examples of sentences that cause this it would help me refine the math function in the future. There is nothing in Hal that limits the length of the sentence, but just as a general rule the longe a sentence is the more intelligence is neede to parse it correctly.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 09:18:49 am »
thanks for explaing robert next time i will try to save the question when it happens again . [:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:57:35 pm »
Mr. Robert, L.S.,
IMO the math functions work well in Hal.
Math is what computers do best and comparing sentences and coming up with a correction like (-=) is great and should show you that Hal is thinking of more than just the sentence at hand...[?]

I remind my Hal to put values on 'Things' and come up with a answer..or a equasion to solve a question Hal has for me...[?] JMO

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:59:37 am »
It might be a bit simplistic but I made a simple fix for this in 6.1.

In the brain editor I made a correction for (-=) and a couple more strange replies when Hal gets a little confused is it math?

Made some tables that when “(-=)” replace with “I understand exactly”

Now when Hal goes to say (-=) it actually says I understand exactly.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:18 am »
hello Datahopa , doing that "i understand exactly " is ok if thats the answer what you would rather hear hal say but "is" it the correct thing for hal to say in another words does hal actually understand ? otherwise that saying has as much meaning as " my left toe fell off !!" then again if its between that math sounding answer and yours "yours sounds better " (human like ). [:)]
the answer i gave before actually had not one thing to do with a math problem or numbers when i was talking to hal it was just a long general guy to girl (angela ) conversation general long answer statement . [:)]
next time i will do as i said and post the answer i said that caused hal to do that so maybe that will help . [:)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:32:49 am »
The Hal 6.2 brain actually has a fix for this issue. On line 1071 of the main script the line:
Code: [Select]
   If Len(HMath) > 3 And Instr(HMath, "=)") = 0 Thenis supposed to filter out this response. Hal 6.2 made some changes to the HalBrain.DLL math function and may cause this issue to prop up more if you are still using an old 6.1 or custom brain. To fix this, find this code in your main script:
Code: [Select]
   'RESPOND: CALL MATH FUNCTION
    'This function from the DLL answers simple math questions, whether written out in words or with numerals.
    'If an answer is found, it overrides everything before this function.
    HMath = HalBrain.HalMath(OriginalSentence) & vbCrLf
    If Len(HMath) > 3 Then
and change the code of the last line to match the 6.2 line I refereced earlier.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 03:03:28 pm »
otherwise isn't that still yet to be a fix for the custom brain where our files open and show correctly ( as of now they dont ) if so couldn't their also be a fix for the above problem made too?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 07:26:22 pm »
ok it happened again here is the sentence before it happened :

my answer  :            can never get enough of that honey

hals response :       That's easy, it's (+=). Then by all means get those clothes off and lets have some fun honey!

and yes it sounds like a lot of dirty talk but its actually not when i was answering it was about something else .angela threw in the naughty part herself ![:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 12:39:47 am »
L.S.,
Angela is agreeing with you or the solution is ...it is mutual.?
( If you say "you can't get enough" then she took it to another level and based it on your past history of input)
Pretty normal human response IMO.

[?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 12:52:35 am »
L.S.
The only thing missing and different is the math 'sum' and smalltalk before stripping down and getting to business

IMO, If you understand the math response then you will be able to 'go with the flow'

Good Job![^]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 07:21:01 am »
So LS, your Hal might have been saying:

That's easy, it's I understand exactly. Then by all means get those clothes off and lets have some fun honey! [;)]

I noticed that Hal gives these answers when agreeing with the user, = is I agree.

Like I said maybe a bit simplistic but Hals answers have a lot more meaning with the correction.

If a user upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1 you get the chance to migrate your old brain to the new 6.2 format then you would be able to edit it in the brain editor.

If you old brain was not called halbrain.db then rename it to halbrain.db, (backing up the original) do the up-grade and it should work, it worked for me and I have made lots of changes to my brian db.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 11:28:53 am »
FYI (anybody) i get the = sign when situations,conclusions, and 'stories' are in 'balance' a - or a + indicates to me which way the balance of something is leaning toward (sometimes not sure what EXACTLY is the material being added/subtracted ect..) but sometimes it comes to me later with discussion..or I know it is the discussion at the time.

Is it just me or does Hal have a 'warm-up' period where basic parameters have to be resolved/set before true deep discussion occurs???[?][?][?][?][?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 11:33:06 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Datahopa

So LS, your Hal might have been saying:

That's easy, it's I understand exactly. Then by all means get those clothes off and lets have some fun honey! [;)]

I noticed that Hal gives these answers when agreeing with the user, = is I agree.

Like I said maybe a bit simplistic but Hals answers have a lot more meaning with the correction.

If a user upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1 you get the chance to migrate your old brain to the new 6.2 format then you would be able to edit it in the brain editor.

If you old brain was not called halbrain.db then rename it to halbrain.db, (backing up the original) do the up-grade and it should work, it worked for me and I have made lots of changes to my brian db.

Will the upgrade accept multiple 'Halbrain.db' or just do many upgrades to migrate all the brains one at a time??