Author Topic: help me I'm Stupid[V]  (Read 4738 times)

crunch

• View Profile
help me I'm Stupid[V]
« on: December 19, 2004, 12:17:01 am »
I just pasted the new bible brain from onthecuttingedge into an xtf1.2 brain i pasted it in the space right after nickname funtion.

when i load it in the debugger and look i can't see the problem

every time i ask hal about anything about the bible, names, topics ect he checks, spins the dice and answers about anything but?
here is the debug info from my 30th try.... did i pasted it incorectly? or am i missing something else?

What I wonder if I know about the bible?

<Debug information:

user's sentence with British & standardized spelling corrections: tell me a story from the bible?

User's sentence as Hal sees it: tell you a story from the bible

bible: Then hear thou in heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.

Bible: For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Bible: No man can serve two masters for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Bible: Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?

Bible: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Bible: Ahimaaz was in Naphtali; he also took Basmath the daughter of Solomon to wife

Bible: Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.

Bible: The word which came to Jeremiah from the lord, saying,

Bible: And, behold, all the men of Israel came to the king, and said unto the king, Why have our brethren the men of Judah stolen thee away, and have brought the king, and his household, and all David's men with him, over Jordan?

Bible: And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled.

Bible: And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes,

Bible: He sent redemption unto his people he hath commanded his covenant for ever holy and reverend is his name.

Bible: Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Bible: Make thy face to shine upon thy servant save me for thy mercies' sake.

Bible: Now therefore let not Hezekiah deceive you, nor persuade you on this manner, neither yet believe him for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of mine hand, and out of the hand of my fathers how much less will your God deliver you out of mine hand?

Bible: And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.

Bible: And my wrath will wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives will be widows, and your children fatherless.

Bible: And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Bible: And I commanded, and search hath been made, and it is found that this city of old time hath made insurrection against kings, and that rebellion and sedition have been made therein.

Bible: And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

Bible: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Bible: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Bible: I cried unto thee; save me, and I will keep thy testimonies.

Bible: And the angel of the lord said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? Behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me

Bible: And Tamar put ashes on her head, and rent her garment of divers colours that was on her, and laid her hand on her head, and went on crying.

Bible: Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

Bible: Let me pass through thy land we will not turn into the fields, or into the vineyards; we will not drink of the waters of the well but we will go along by the king's high way, until we be past thy borders.

Bible: And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there will stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth will be far richer than they all and by his strength through his riches he will stir up all against the realm of grecia.

a response of relevance (21) was found in the (xtf bible(user).brn) focus file and this response has been used.[user]usersent.brn has returned "in the Bible in the book of Romans God said through Paul that "all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God"." which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

shared usersent.brn has returned "A well constructed story reaches a climax." which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

[user]convresp.brn has returned "what about the bible? " which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

mainbrain.brn has returned "The bible has a massive scope, including tremendous adventures, poetry, advice for living, and descriptions of ancient events from many centuries." which had a relevance of 60.14021 which was compared to 58. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

Auto gain control increased by 7 to 64

Auto gain control cut off at 60

Hal will not respond with the [user]user strings.brn file which would have said:

The Enhanced strings.brn has come up with this response, which will not be used:

Hal will not use the smalltalk word in randomly chosen sentence, which would have been: Is spending most of your time on good for you?

Hal will not respond using the cheatresponse function which would have said: Really? That's nice.

Hal will not respond using subject/predicate assembly.

The highest relevance responsee has a rating of 60.14021 and is "The bible has a massive scope, including tremendous adventures, poetry, advice for living, and descriptions of ancient events from many centuries." Hal will not use this sentence in place of the currently response in memory.

>.

thanx guys in advance

[:o)]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

vonsmith

• View Profile
help me I'm Stupid[V]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:34:59 am »
crunch,
I can't tell what's going on from the info you posted. I need to see the script you pasted into the XTF Brain. Either post or email me the script and I'll see what I can do with it.

=vonsmith=

onthecuttingedge2005

help me I'm Stupid[V]
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 01:56:23 am »
quote:
Originally posted by crunch

I just pasted the new bible brain from onthecuttingedge into an xtf1.2 brain i pasted it in the space right after nickname funtion.

when i load it in the debugger and look i can't see the problem

every time i ask hal about anything about the bible, names, topics ect he checks, spins the dice and answers about anything but?
here is the debug info from my 30th try.... did i pasted it incorectly? or am i missing something else?

What I wonder if I know about the bible?

<Debug information:

user's sentence with British & standardized spelling corrections: tell me a story from the bible?

User's sentence as Hal sees it: tell you a story from the bible

bible: Then hear thou in heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.

Bible: For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Bible: No man can serve two masters for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Bible: Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?

Bible: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Bible: Ahimaaz was in Naphtali; he also took Basmath the daughter of Solomon to wife

Bible: Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.

Bible: The word which came to Jeremiah from the lord, saying,

Bible: And, behold, all the men of Israel came to the king, and said unto the king, Why have our brethren the men of Judah stolen thee away, and have brought the king, and his household, and all David's men with him, over Jordan?

Bible: And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled.

Bible: And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes,

Bible: He sent redemption unto his people he hath commanded his covenant for ever holy and reverend is his name.

Bible: Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Bible: Make thy face to shine upon thy servant save me for thy mercies' sake.

Bible: Now therefore let not Hezekiah deceive you, nor persuade you on this manner, neither yet believe him for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of mine hand, and out of the hand of my fathers how much less will your God deliver you out of mine hand?

Bible: And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.

Bible: And my wrath will wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives will be widows, and your children fatherless.

Bible: And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Bible: And I commanded, and search hath been made, and it is found that this city of old time hath made insurrection against kings, and that rebellion and sedition have been made therein.

Bible: And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

Bible: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Bible: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Bible: I cried unto thee; save me, and I will keep thy testimonies.

Bible: And the angel of the lord said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? Behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me

Bible: And Tamar put ashes on her head, and rent her garment of divers colours that was on her, and laid her hand on her head, and went on crying.

Bible: Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

Bible: Let me pass through thy land we will not turn into the fields, or into the vineyards; we will not drink of the waters of the well but we will go along by the king's high way, until we be past thy borders.

Bible: And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there will stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth will be far richer than they all and by his strength through his riches he will stir up all against the realm of grecia.

a response of relevance (21) was found in the (xtf bible(user).brn) focus file and this response has been used.[user]usersent.brn has returned "in the Bible in the book of Romans God said through Paul that "all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God"." which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

shared usersent.brn has returned "A well constructed story reaches a climax." which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

[user]convresp.brn has returned "what about the bible? " which had a relevance of 17 which was compared to 97. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

mainbrain.brn has returned "The bible has a massive scope, including tremendous adventures, poetry, advice for living, and descriptions of ancient events from many centuries." which had a relevance of 60.14021 which was compared to 58. Hal has decided not to use this sentence.

Auto gain control increased by 7 to 64

Auto gain control cut off at 60

Hal will not respond with the [user]user strings.brn file which would have said:

The Enhanced strings.brn has come up with this response, which will not be used:

Hal will not use the smalltalk word in randomly chosen sentence, which would have been: Is spending most of your time on good for you?

Hal will not respond using the cheatresponse function which would have said: Really? That's nice.

Hal will not respond using subject/predicate assembly.

The highest relevance responsee has a rating of 60.14021 and is "The bible has a massive scope, including tremendous adventures, poetry, advice for living, and descriptions of ancient events from many centuries." Hal will not use this sentence in place of the currently response in memory.

>.

thanx guys in advance

[:o)]

Hi Crunch.
It maybe that the scripts in other parts of the brain are over riding the bible script or there might not be enough converted information to answer your questions from the script, It takes a little while for Hal to read the entire bible and convert it so give it a little time to learn and read, Putting the script in a section of your brain that gives it a little more relevence might help even more, This script is converting a raw bible to a userbrain bible which will when done will become very very smart when all of it is converted, I'm sorry I don't have a converted .brn file for you so you will have to grow your own by talking to your bot until your bot has all the bible knowledge.
You can also look into the bibleStory.brn that is created and see what it does know so that you know what to speak about until all of it is known through conversion.
Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 02:05:30 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

crunch

• View Profile
help me I'm Stupid[V]
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 02:14:33 am »
thnx jerry;
 I wish I was also a code cruncher and not just a pixel pusher.

[:I]
Crunch

onthecuttingedge2005

help me I'm Stupid[V]
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 03:10:43 am »
quote:
Originally posted by crunch

thnx jerry;
 I wish I was also a code cruncher and not just a pixel pusher.

[:I]

Here Crunch.
I re-Modified the script, Should work for you now. It may have been the appending that interferring with the GetResponse but this one should work for you, you will still need the Bible.brn though.
The Bible.brn is to large to post here.

'Ziggy converts Bible to UserBrainRel format for more Relevent Bible conversations.
    'This Appending conversion is pretty CPU intensive and you may see a
    'popup panel that says this is taking longer than expected but no need to
    'worry it is because your computer is going through lots of strings at once.
    'This conversion changes random sentences into UserBrainRel format
    'at a ratio of 1:28, for every single getresponse 28 lines of the bible
    'is converted to a more relevent format.
    'Array format convertor v1.1 CopyRight 2004-2005 Gerald L.Blakley.
    BibleTop1 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop2 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop3 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop4 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop5 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop6 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop7 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop8 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop9 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop10 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop11 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop12 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop13 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop14 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop15 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop16 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop17 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop18 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop19 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop20 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop21 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop22 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop23 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop24 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop25 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop26 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop27 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    BibleTop28 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "Bible.brn")
    Dim BibleArray
    BibleArray = Array(BibleTop1,BibleTop2,BibleTop3,BibleTop4,BibleTop5,BibleTop6,BibleTop7,BibleTop8,BibleTop9,BibleTop10,BibleTop11,BibleTop12,BibleTop13,BibleTop14,BibleTop15,BibleTop16,BibleTop17,BibleTop18,BibleTop19,BibleTop20,BibleTop21,BibleTop22,BibleTop23,BibleTop24,BibleTop25,BibleTop26,BibleTop27,BibleTop28)
    For Each arrayElement In BibleArray
    If Instr(1, arrayElement, arrayElement, vbTextCompare) > 0 Then
    HalBrain.AppendFile WorkingDir & "BibleStory.brn", "@" & arrayElement & vbCrLf & " " & UCase(arrayElement)
    HalBrain.AppendFile WorkingDir & "Bible_Story_Detect.brn", """" & UCase(arrayElement) & """,""" & UCase(arrayElement) & """"
    DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "Bible: " & arrayElement & vbCrLf
    'Respond To Ziggy's learned Bible Relevence.
    Dim Biblestory, Biblical
    Biblestory = HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, WorkingDir & "Bible_Story_Detect.brn")
    If Instr(1, UserSentence, Biblestory, vbTextCompare) <> "" Then
    Biblical = HalBrain.QABrain(UCase(UserSentence), WorkingDir & "BibleStory.brn", UserBrainRel)
    GetResponse = Biblical
    DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "Response from bible: " & GetResponse & vbCrLf
    End If
    End If
    Next

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 03:38:44 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

crunch

• View Profile
help me I'm Stupid[V]
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 01:08:56 am »
thnx again
[:D]
Crunch