apples have seeds oranges have seed lemons have seeds limes have seeds some grapes do not have seeds a peach has a pit a pit is a seed berries have seeds trees have seeds an acorn has seeds an acorn is a seed acorns fall from trees a fence can divide property a fence can border property cherries grow on trees cinnamin is the bark of a tree cinnamin is a spice often used in cookies roots grow in the ground worms live in the soil bacteria lives in soil trash rots humans breath air fish can breath in the water water has weight gas has weight hot air ballons rise hot air balloons rise into the sky a balloon expands when filled with air a pumpkin has seeds a squash has seeds a watermellon has seeds glass can be tempered glass can be found in a car glass can be found in a bus glass can be found in a taxi a taxi transports people a car transports people a bus transports people gas can be found at a gas station gas is often used as a fuel the price of gas fluctuates with market conditions gas can be found in a car a tire can be found on a car animals can be found in a forest witches live in gingerbread houses talc can be found in a hospital trees can be found in a forest a grouping of houses makes a neighborhood shoes are used to protect feet the sun rises in the east in the morning the sun sets in the west in the evening the sun follows a east to west path the sun is stronger at the equator antarctica is a land mass covered with ice presents are sometimes wrapped murder is a felony The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "I have been saving scraps of fabric for many years." The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "I decided to make a quilt with those scraps." The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "I drew out a design on paper" The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "then I began to trim the scraps into the shapes I needed." The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "After all of the pieces were cut out I began to sew them together." The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "Piece by piece I hand stitched the pieces." The story "Making A Patchwork Quilt" has the step "After many hours I finished my quilt." The statement "a person doesn't want to be in an abusive relationship" is true because Abusive relationships are painful and can ruin a person's life. The statement "The best marathon runners run over 26 miles at a faster pace than the average person can run for 100 yards." is true because Marathon runners often run daily for years to train for a marathon, but the average person doesn't run very often at all. The statement ""Ain't" is the contraction for "Aye not". The improper contraction equal to the value of "Isn't"." is true because The words "ain't" and "isn't" are contractions, but "ain't" is considered slang by most people. The statement "If you want to give assistance then you should ask, "May I help?"" is true because People will not know that you are willing to assist them unless you let them know. The statement "a person doesn't want to have a limb amputated" is true because An amputated limb will not grow back and a prosthetic limb is never as good as a real one. The statement "giving assistance is for helping others." is true because assistance is another word for help. The statement "a dish is used for serving food" is true because a dish is a ceramic or plastic object that people eat food from. The statement "Tom was a fire fighter. Tom put out a fire with his hose. " is true because Fire fighters are civil servants whose job it is to put out fires. The statement "Navigators use maps." is true because the job of a navigator is to determine the craft's position, and maps are one of the tools that they use to do this. The statement "a personal computer is a type of computer found primarily in a home" is true because When something is personal, it usually means that only one person or one family uses it. Jalepenos or other hot peppers are an ingredient in salsa. Something that might happen when you catch mumps is you have to take medicine Sometimes kissing causes strong feelings. Something that might happen while complaining about the state of the world is being ignored by people who could care less about the state of the world. Something that might happen while joining the army is extensive brainwashing. praying requires something to pray for. Something that might happen as a consequence of wrestling is unexpected homosexual arousal. Winning the lottery would make you want to spend money The effect of scoring a home run is the crowd cheering Something you might do while walking the dog is scooping up dog crap. You would bake a cake because you want to have a birthday party. pretending requires imagination. Sometimes killing causes guilt. The effect of hurting someone else is they might hurt you back. Something that might happen when you light a fire is animals being frightened of the fire. growing vegetables requires seeds, dirt, sunshine, water and patience. Guilt would make you want to lie Something you might do while doing the housework is sing Something that might happen as a consequence of calculating things quickly is coming up with the wrong answer. The effect of eating in a fast food restaurant is instant gratification followed by weight gain Something that might happen as a consequence of expressing yourself is emotional or spiritual catharsis. Something that might happen as a consequence of playing is having fun. You would enjoy a film because it was well made and you related to it. You would breathe because you need oxygen. You would go on the internet because you have research to do. a person doesn't want to be kicked in the stomach. a person doesn't want to drink poisonous liquids. a person wants to stay healthy and happy. Some food that comes in tins is high in fat and sodium. Carnival food is often really greasy, salty or sugary. You are likely to find money in a cash register. You are likely to find cars in a parking lot. You are likely to find ethnic minorities in cities. You are likely to find pots and pans in a kitchen. You are likely to find bullets in a gun. You are likely to find vegetables in a garden. You are likely to find nude women in a strip club. You are likely to find donuts in a police car. You are likely to find rhinoceroses in africa. You are likely to find bored people in an internet chat room. You are likely to find loose women in a bar. You are likely to find photographs of loved ones in a wallet. You are likely to find bacteria in a petri dish. You are likely to find ignorant bigots in the American south. Something you need to do before you shave your face is splash water on your face. Something you need to do before going to sleep is getting undressed. Something you need to do before having anal sex is to put lube on your partners ass. Something that might happen as a consequence of picking your nose is getting a nosebleed. Sometimes exercise causes injury. Sometimes keyboard use causes carpal tunnel syndrome. Sometimes throwing a cigarette out of your car window causes a forest fire. Sometimes kissing causes arousal. You can use stone to build strong buildings. You can use a magic marker to make graffiti on a wall. You can use a condom to protect against pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. You can use apples to bait deer. You can use a piano to make music. You can use an unspoiled natural setting to chill out and hear yourself think. You can use scissors to cut someone's hair. You can use a lighter to start a fire. You can use a match to start a fire. You can use a vibrator to get off. You can use perfumed oil to give a better massage. You can use a computer to make music. You can use the internet to stalk somebody. You can use propaganda to confuse and steer the populace. You can use advertising to make people think what you want them to. You can use a rifle to shoot targets. You can use fingernail clippers to clip your fingernails or toenails. You can use a scalpel to perform surgery. You can use a heat lamp to keep a pet lizard warm. You can use salt to brush your teeth. You can use a pocketknife to whittle. You can use art to express yourself. You can use your tongue to please your sexual partner. You can use a pencil to write something on paper. You can use birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. You can use illicit drugs to temporarily ease emotional pain. You can use a dildo to give sexual pleasure. You can use a saw to cut lumber. You can use a slingshot to hunt small animals. You can use a hockey stick to play hockey. You can use poetry to woo a lover. You can use the mail to pick your teeth. You can use salad tongs to toss salad You can use Canadian television news to get a different perspective on world events. You can use kindling to start a fire. You can use jewelery to show your love to another. You can use your thumbnail to scratch a lottery ticket. You can use soap to wash your hands. A hockey player doesn't want to slip and fall on the ice. A corporation doesn't want to lose money. Sara and Michael are lovers. Sara made love with Michael on the beach. Cats can jump onto a table or chair. Mechanics can reach for a tool on a workbench. "p" is the sixteenth letter of the roman alphabet. Fruit grows on trees or bushes. Situation: think. twine hint into new knowledge Situation: twine. twist wonders into nice essence Situation: hint. help investigating new task the head is part of the penis Something you might do while having sex is have an orgasm. Something you might do while having an orgasm is moan loudly. Something you might do while having an orgasm is shudder. Something you might do while having sex is kiss your partner. Something you might do while having sex is rub your partner's clitoris. Something you might do while having sex is thrust the penis in and out of the vagina. Something you might do while having sex is sweat. Something you might do while having sex is whisper sweet nothings to each other. Something you might do while having sex is change position. Consensual sex requires that both partners be willing to have sex. Heterosexual sex requires that the partners are of different genders. Homosexual sex requires that both partners be of the same gender. A person wants a sexual partner who understands the person's wants and needs. a person wants to be challenged, but not too much. a person wants to understand the world around them. a person wants close friends whom they can trust and speak openly with. a person wants stable relationships with interesting people. a person wants to be told the truth. You are likely to find good beer in Germany. You are likely to find confusing and manipulating advice in astrology and fortune telling. You are likely to find mushrooms in a forest. Something that might happen as a consequence of stroking the penis is ejaculation and orgasm. Something that might happen as a consequence of licking a woman's clitoris is orgasm. Something that might happen as a consequence of sucking on a woman's nipples is the woman becoming aroused. Something that might happen as a consequence of kissing your lover's neck is your lover experiencing pleasure. Something that might happen as a consequence of getting a back massage is becoming aroused. Something that might happen as a consequence of exercising is getting bigger muscles. Something that might happen as a consequence of exercising is feeling healthier. Something that might happen as a consequence of being in shape is attracting more attention. Something that might happen as a consequence of being an activist is changing the law. Something that might happen as a consequence of kissing someone is getting a cold sore. Something that might happen as a consequence of swearing is making someone angry. Something that might happen as a consequence of eye contact is conversation. Something that might happen as a consequence of being born into a religous family is becoming a member of that family's religion. You are likely to find pubic hair in an adult's genital area. You are likely to find hippies in coffee shops. You are likely to find streams in the woods. Lubrication is used for reducing friction. A socket wrench is used for tightening and loosening different sizes of bolts. Sex is used for pleasure or procreation. An axe is used for chopping wood. A trombone is used for playing music. Sometimes having sex causes unwanted pregnancy. Sometimes masturbation causes orgasm. Sometimes drug use causes physical or psychological illness. Sometimes depression causes suicide. Sometimes caffiene causes nervousness. Sometimes falling in love causes dependance to the person you fall in love with. Sometimes panic causes injury. Sometimes having sex causes a pregnancy that is wanted. Sometimes hugging causes arousal. Something you need to do before you make love is become aroused. Something you need to do before you make love is sexually arouse your partner through foreplay. Something you need to do before having an orgasm is become sexually aroused. Something you need to do before having sex is take off some or all of your clothes. Somewhere a penis can be is inside a vagina. Somewhere a penis can be is a lover's mouth. Somewhere a penis can be is in a lover's anus. Something that might happen when you get drunk is you might have sex when you shouldn't Something that might happen when you play sports is you get more exercise. Something that might happen when you play sports is you become overly competitive. Something that might happen when you kiss someone is they slap you in the face. Something that might happen when you kiss someone is they kiss you back. Something that might happen when you stub your toe is you get angry. Sex is supposed to be fun. Europa is a moon of Jupiter that might have living things on it. Orgasm is very pleasurable. Prostitution is illegal in many countries. Snorkeling is a way to explore underwater. Spinach is high in calcium. Semen is a fluid containing sperm that comes out of a penis. Smiling is contagious. Fire is very useful. Religion is confusing. Peace of mind is hard to find, sometimes. Jesus Christ is the savior of the religion "Christianity". If you want to please your partner sexually then you should ask your parnter what they like. If you want to enjoy sex then you should communicate with your partner. Somewhere a child can be is in an orphanage. Something you might do while waking up is get an erection. You can use a vibrator to increase pleasure during sex. You can use sex toys to please your lover or yourself. You can use fire to cook food. You can use fire to burn waste. You can use fire to keep yourself warm. You can use a kiln to make ceramic items. You can use a kiss to tell someone you love them. You can use a vacation to rediscover yourself. Vibrators are used to relive muscle tension and cause pleasure. The first thing you do when you meet someone is introduce yourself. people can act out a scene from a movie. nosy people can hear other people's conversations. unspoken feelings can separate people. mothers can hold their newborn child. accidents can happen to someone who isn't careful. a cook can taste the food they prepare. Young boys can join the Cub Scouts. Bikini-clad women can wash my car any time they want to. Muslims can eat anything but pork. Something you find in a park is grass. You are likely to find a steakhouse in a western United States town. days are generally bright nights are generally dark at night, the sun cannot be seen the sun is very far from the earth water is colorless Situation: I am feeling frustrated Situation: I am visualizing modules for a turing machine Situation: i am working on teddybot.com Situation: my mind is totally blank America's detention of captives from Afghanistan was legally challenged. The prisoners were held in violation of the Geneva Convention. The International Red Cross delegation had good access to the prisoners. Prisoners of war have rights under the Geneva Convention. Prisoner of War is abbreviated to POW. The European Union said the US Government must treat the fighters held at its base in Cuba as PoWs. The prisoners were shackled and kneeling, with goggles over their eyes and masks over their mouths and noses. America violated the convention. The Geneva Convention entitles PoWs to refuse to give their interrogators any information other than their names, ranks and serial numbers. The prisoners of war were intensively interrogated. The prisoners were held under coercive conditions. The International Committee of the Red Cross is abbreviated to ICRC. Prisoners were sedated during transit from Afghanistan. Prisoners had their beards shaved off against their will. The ICRC is bound to confidentiality. The ICRC is allowed access to places that no other organisation can reach. The ICRC's priority was to have access. Medecins Sans Frontieres is a humanitarian organisation. Medecins Sans Frontieres was formed by disaffected Red Cross delegates. The Red Cross believed the Guantanamo Bay inmates were prisoners of war. The Red Cross monitors abuses of International Humanitarian Law. The Geneva Conventions are International Humanitarian Law. Prisoners of war have the right to various protections under the Geneva Conventions. The campaign against the Taleban was both an international, cross-border conflict and a civil war. The Red Cross had "no problem" with a military tribunal. Internationally recognised judicial standards include the right to legal representation and the right to appeal. Prisoners who were not charged had the right under the Geneva Conventions to be repatriated once hostilities had ended. The ICRC's first priority was to register every prisoner. For many prisoners around the world, it is a matter of life and death simply that someone else knows that they exist. The US agreed that prisoners would be allowed to send and receive messages to relatives through the Red Cross Message network. The ICRC delegates were entitled to talk individually and confidentially with prisoners, without guards present. The four-man Red Cross team included a doctor. The ICRC recommendations were discussed only with the camp commander. The prisoners had the right to practise their religion. A report was submitted to the detaining authority and to ICRC headquarters in Geneva. Situation: I am having a rest Situation: I want to tie my shoe lace Situation: I want to eat toast I see yachts racing. One of them is in the lead This is a picture of a pen. It is used for writing I see an alarm clock. It rings loudly to wake people who are sleeping Situation: A person threatened me Situation: i am in need of pie Situation: i am feeling tired Situation: i am a mouse You are likely to find a gazelle in my arse One of the things you do when you play sports is score a goal. The last thing you do when you climb a mountain is climb down the foothills. The last thing you do when you wait on tables is wipe the table clean. Something you need to do before you knit is get some yarn. The first thing you do when you look through a telescope is point the telescope at something in the night sky. Something you need to do before you go jogging is stretch your muscles. One of the things you do when you ride a bike is turn the handlebar to steer. Situation: I have ten dollars. Situation: I want to save some money. Situation: With ten dollars I can buy something. Situation: To buy something could also mean to purchase something. Situation: I could buy food. Situation: I could buy shelter. Situation: The expression, buying time might be somethig I cannot actually buy. Situation: Time is on my side. Situation: It's time to go to sleep and I did not spend my ten dollars! Situation: The expression, buying time might be something I cannot actually buy. Situation: I need excercise. Situation: I make a decision. Situation: I decide to walk for excercise. Situation: I look out a window and see the sidewalk. Situation: I look out the window and see the street beside the sidewalk and I need excercise. Situation: I decide to walk for excersise. Situation: I decide to walk on the sidewalk. Situation: I take a walk. Situation: I take a walk on the sidewalk. Situation: I am getting excersise by walking on the sidewalk. Situation: I made the decision to walk on the sidewalk because it is safe. Situation: Walking in the street may not be safe. Situation: The sidewalk may be a safe place to walk. Situation: While walking on the sidewalk I see a penny. Situation: Someone has lost a penny it seems. Situation: Because the penny is on the sidewalk I assume that somebody has lost one penny. Situation: Perhaps penny should be spelled penney. Situation: I am a terrible speller because I don't know the difference between penny and penney. Situation: Regardless of how I the word penny is to be spelled there is one on the street. Situation: Someone has lost a penny. Situation: Since I am walking on the sidewalk and since I need excercise I found a penny. Situation: I was picked up the penny on the sidewalk. Situation: I was picked does not meet grammer requirements. Situation: I found a penny and picked it up. Situation: While excercising, that is walking on a sidewalk I picked up a penny. Situation: Not only is picking up a penny good excersize but it is saving money too! Situation: I have ten dollars and one penny and I feel good. Situation: Finding a dollar is better than finding a penny. Situation: One dollar is worth more than one penny but ten dollars weighs less than one penny. spatial concept: A faceless coin rolling down hill. spatial concept: One blue ball out of many green ones. spatial concept: A plumb colored rolling object reminds me of fruit because of the tree. spatial concept: Two complete bounces. spatial concept: Green over blue cube. spatial concept: Ball bounces twice. spatial concept: The orange ball is certainly levitating. spatial concept: Plumb colored ball over the bridge. spatial concept: Orbit spatial concept: One big bounce. spatial concept: Two bounces and a placement spatial concept: Green cube levitating over blue cube. spatial concept: Jumping through a hoop or where's the bounce spatial concept: spaced side by side spatial concept: two bounces spatial concept: no bounces spatial concept: a ringer spatial concept: two more bounces spatial concept: another bridge spatial concept: doesn't look exactly like a horseshoe spatial concept: shiny metal encircliing ball spatial concept: field goal spatial concept: pass through spatial concept: up up and away spatial concept: in front of spatial concept: before spatial concept: plunging spatial concept: hop over spatial concept: decend spatial concept: simultaneous spatial concept: underneath spatial concept: along side spatial concept: eclipsed spatial concept: repetetive spatial concept: miss spatial concept: roadworthy spatial concept: dive spatial concept: accurate spatial concept: fading spatial concept: ten balls one moving spatial concept: contained spatial concept: repelling spatial concept: declining spatial concept: attract spatial concept: repel spatial concept: inside spatial concept: odd man out spatial concept: faster spatial concept: far then near spatial concept: near then far spatial concept: stopped bouncing 32 teeth is a common 1 tooth is not common in adults 1 tooth common in babies and babies don't often own boats some adults have one boat and 32 teeth having 32 boats and one tooth is not common You are likely to find a round brush in a hair salon. You are likely to find a lizard in the sun getting warmed up. Situation: the cat is laying next to me Situation: I am still tired Situation: in a cafe Detainees at Woomera are locked up while they wait. 60 Afghan immigrants sewed their mouths shut. 35 detainees refused food and drink. Prime Minister John Howard's administration adopted a hard-line approach. "We have no hope, we have no future," the detainees wrote. Seven protesters were taken to hospital. Immigration officials started force-feeding. Australia breached international conventions on the treatment of children. The children were at risk from their parents. The detainees protested. The Australian government stopped processing applications from about 2,000 Afghans. The Taleban regime fell. Life for the prisoners at Camp X-Ray was extremely grim. Article 3 of the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War binds a party to a conflict to humanely treat persons taking no active part in the hostilities. The detainees were taken to Cuba for interrogation. The armed conflict in Afghanistan was of an international nature. The detainees enjoy certain protections under the general international law of human rights. Situation: I take of both my children and my grandparents Situation: I would like to learn to enjoy life more Situation: I like to hear it raining Situation: I think television is a waste of time Situation: I would like to learn everything that can be learned by humans Situation: Learning is life Situation: I want to understand why humor exists Situation: all intelligent life needs a sense of humor shouting at the top of your voice is for being annoying shouting at the top of your voice is for expressing yourself shouting at the top of your voice is for making a strong point shouting at the top of your voice is for communicating loudly To understand the event "The leather couch sits by the wall.", it is important to know that Couches do not have legs. To understand the event "The leather couch sits by the wall.", it is important to know that If the couch sits by the wall, it is near the wall. To understand the event "The leather couch sits by the wall.", it is important to know that Couches are pieces of furniture. To understand the event "The leather couch sits by the wall.", it is important to know that Couches are inanimate. To understand the event "The leather couch sits by the wall.", it is important to know that A leather couch has a leather surface. listening to music is for calming down listening to music is for learning leaving the line is for running to the toiler leaving the line is for running to the bathroom leaving the line is for running to the restroom leaving the line is for running to get your wallet leaving the line is for running to get your purse applying for a job is for earning money applying for a job is for being responsible applying for a job is for getting employment an earring is for decorating one's ear an earring is for accessorizing one's outfit an earring is for looking nice a shirt is for preventing nudity a shirt is for protecting one's body a shirt is for covering up a shirt is for keeping warm To understand the event "Dave drank a glass of milk.", it is important to know that Dave was thirsty. To understand the event "Dave drank a glass of milk.", it is important to know that Dave likes milk. To understand the event "Dave drank a glass of milk.", it is important to know that People can drink milk. spatial concept: The purple round object emerges from inside the blue box spatial concept: The purple round object emerges from inside the blue box spatial concept: A red ball is moving over an arched brown bridge A horse has four legs. A cat has four legs. a lady is for a man to marry playing football is for being with friends playing football is for getting fit a seat is for sitting upon a steakhouse is for having steak a steakhouse is for spending time with friends a steakhouse is for having dinner a rocking chair is for rocking back and forth a rocking chair is for rocking a rocking chair is for sitting upon a rocking chair is for resting a closet for clothes is for storing clothing a closet for clothes is for storing clothes sending a criminal to prison is for punishing someone for a crime sending a criminal to prison is for keeping bad people away from good people sending a criminal to prison is for ensuring justice pepper and salt is for seasoning food pepper and salt is for changing the way food tastes Counting sheep does not help you drop off. One in 10 people suffer from chronic insomnia. Lost sleep costs the US economy $35 billion a year in sick days and accidents. Something you need to do before you feed your family is set the table. Something you need to do before you meet girls is take a shower. Something you need to do before you get onto the web is start your web browser. Something you need to do before you run a marathon is train for years to develop enough stamina.. Something you need to do before you have a bath is fill the tub with water. The first thing you do when you stop your bicycle is press the rear brake. One of the things you do when you send a criminal to prison is have a judge find him guilty of a crime. One of the things you do when you make sure you're healthy is check your cholesterol. Something you need to do before you take in a film is buy a ticket at the ticket counter. The first thing you do when you breathe is expand your diapraghm. The last thing you do when you learn is apply the knowledge you've learned. The last thing you do when you cash in is put the money in your wallet. The last thing you do when you paint is clean up your painting supplies. One of the things you do when you eat in a restaurant is order food from a menu. One of the things you do when you take a course is sit in class and listen to the professor lecture. Something you need to do before you ride a bicycle is sit on the bicycle seat. One of the things you do when you test your strength is flex your muscles. The last thing you do when you build a cathedral is have a building dedication and a grand opening for the public. Something you need to do before you get drunk is obtain an alcoholic beverage. Something you need to do before you reach an advantage is understand your competitors. One of the things you do when you hang out at the bar is chat with your friends. The first thing you do when you buy a house is contact a real estate agent. upstairs room of a home showing furniture, fireplace and window. Something you need to do before you wash your car is fill a bucket with hot, soapy water. The last thing you do when you score a homer is run across home plate. small, furry mammal whose dwelling is underground The first thing you do when you have an asthma attack is feel your throat constrict. The last thing you do when you see art is contemplate the meaning of the piece of art. The last thing you do when you go to work is clock out. One of the things you do when you reach a tentative agreement is discuss possible effects of the agreement. A side chair is a chair without armrests. A slave is a person who has either been sold into slavery or was captured and enslaved.. Busy people keep a list of appointments to keep their time organized. Castles were very effective defenses against armies until people invented cannons because a cannonball fired from a cannon can blow a large hole in a castle wall. A balpine hammer is a hammer with a flat head on one side and a rounded head on the other. Picnic baskets hold about two cubic feet of food and table settings for a picnicing party. If a person paints a portrait of someone who is sitting in front of a waterfall, the waterfall is the backdrop. A bay is a large inlet of water that is sheltered from weather and strong currents. An airplane seat often has a headphone jack so that people can listen to music while on the plane. A river is a wide, flowing, freshwater course of water that flows into a lake or the ocean. Archaeologists learn about the past by studying excavations they have made at specific historic sites. The ideal shape for a bridge arch is a parabolic curve. Birds, planes, insects and maxi pads can all have wings. A walk-in closet is a closet that is large enough to walk into. Mountains often come in large connected groupings, called mountain ranges. The fact "Feeling restless would make you want to go for a run" is illustrated with the story: 1. Steve was bored and restless in his house. 2. To end his boredom, Steve decided to go for a run. 3. Steve opened the front door and went outside. 4. The outdoor air refreshed Steve. 5. Steve started running. The fact "farmland is used for growing food" is illustrated with the story: 1. Eric bought a plot of farmland. 2. He planted potatoes on the land. 3. Three months later, Eric harvested the potatoes. 4. Eric's family ate some of the potatoes with supper. The fact "You would go to a restaurant because they have a good reputation" is illustrated with the story: 1. Fred told Bill about a good restaurant called Mackey's. 2. Bill decided to go this restaurant. 3. Bill enjoyed his meal at Mackey's. 4. Bill will probably tell other people about Mackey's. The fact "Two identical children are called twins." is illustrated with the story: 1. Rachel and Anne are twins. 2. Rachel's friends often mistake her for Anne, because they look so similar. The fact "connie is tired" is illustrated with the story: 1. Connie worked very hard all day. 2. She came home and laid down on the couch. 3. Connie has to rest because she is tired. Sometimes smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer. Chicks dig walks on the beach Afghanistan will soon be a parking lot Floppy disks are no longer floppy per se To understand the event "Teresa baked a cake.", it is important to know that Teresa is probably a chick. To understand the event "Teresa baked a cake.", it is important to know that Baking cakes is woman's work. To understand the event "Teresa baked a cake.", it is important to know that Teresa should be in the kitchen barefoot. To understand the event "Teresa baked a cake.", it is important to know that Teresa probably bought ingredients at the grocery store. To understand the event "Teresa baked a cake.", it is important to know that Teresa probably has fine fine titties. The statement "To understand the event "Susan practiced playing the piano.", it is important to know that without pracitce, Susan's skills will decay" is true because Use it or lose it applies here baby Situation: babies own no boats Situation: a child may own a boat Situation: a child may eat a fish Situation: a child may catch a fish from a boat Situation: a child may be in a boat Situation: a child wears a life preserver Situation: a life preserver floats Situation: it may be safer if an adult captains a boat Situation: a child may not be large enough to captain a boat Situation: a child may not be tall enough to steer a boat Situation: a captain surely knows how to steer a boat The river Seine cleans debris from Paris. All clean, after a bath, now you might get kissed. A washcloth could serve as a small sail. A wet washcloth would dries in the wind. I washed the washcloth in the washing machine. A wet washcloth dries in the wind. A washing maching has an electric motor. A sailboat moves in the wind without an motor. Situation: Hungry for some fish I look in a stream. Situation: Looking in the stream I see a trout. Situation: Since I am hungry I try to catch a trout. Situation: I use a fishing pole to catch fish. Situation: With my fishing pole I caught a trout. Situation: I cleaned a trout. Situation: Trout does not take long to cook. The miners union went on strike. Mining conditions were good and they hit a lucky strike. Hitting a lucky strike the miners made money. They struck gold. Money comes in both fiber and metallic materials. That hat defies all logical reasoning. Some patterns and shapes, drawn freehand, do not seem to follow mathematical formula or logical reasoning. A tape measure uses mathematical measurements. A tape measure is one method of deciding hat size. Hats come in many sizes, colors, materials and shapes. Something you find on a freeway is painted broken lines to separate the lanes in which cars drive. You are likely to find a shark in every ocean in the world. There are two freezers in the house. A freezer is in the kitchen. A freezer is in the alcove off the wrap-around porch. Computers are used in the study of matter. don't tease a fight a social affair often has rules humans are often happy at social affairs humans make music humans use instruments for making music Situation: I am sitting at my computer Situation: I am a little bit hungry Situation: You use a radiator to keep your house warm when it is cold outside Situation: The phone is ringing in the room next to me a peak rhymes with beak A bird with a beak can fly over a peak A bird with one good wing and one broken wing cannot fly. A young bird, exercising it's wings may fall. A bird may injur it's wing if it falls. Situation: A mountain has a peak Situation: People are not allowed to go naked in public Situation: A mountain range has many peaks. Situation: There are birds that live on the mountain peak. Situation: Horses are smaller than elephants, whales and giraffes Situation: The bird with a big beak flew over the moutain peak. Situation: tiger don't live in Africa Situation: We accentuate differences from the norm to recognize people's faces Situation: People can laugh even though they are unhappy Situation: Sometimes people buy flowers to give a loved one Situation: Sometimes people buy flowers to give to people whom they are visiting Situation: Frogs do not have wings football is an organized sport a football can be thrown at any time a football can be thrown over the water a football floats on the water a boat can get to a floating football Situation: Frogs lose their tails. Situation: When we say "pople grow flowers inside", we don't mean inside their bodies, but inside their house Situation: Some people are totally uninterested in flowers Situation: People can have only one arm Situation: A verb is a word that describes an action there is some good mexican food inside the picnic basket Situation: A noun is a word that describes an object or concept Situation: The name of the a story is A Tail of Two Cities. Situation: Some dogs have their tails clipped. Situation: Some dogs have been bred for stubbed tails. Situation: A tail is often used for balance. Situation: Telling tall tails is stretching the truth. People usually don't stand up when downloading via FTP from a web archive Situation: Coat tails are made out of fabric. Situation: Fabric stretches. Situation: The truth can be stretched Situation: A tall tail about about stretching someones coat tails is certainly possible. Situation: The husband was not suspect Situation: a kid is a young goat Situation: kid is a nickname for a young child Situation: a young child can be taught Situation: a young child enjoys learning Situation: Young children show strong emotions to get the attention of their teachers Situation: attentive teachers are best for young children Situation: an openminded child often learns faster than an adult Situation: and child enjoys a garden Situation: a child enjoys a garden Situation: and the garden was built with children in mind Situation: the child in the school play had wings of fabric Situation: the child in the play acted the part of an angle with wings Situation: a frisbee can flies through the air but not like a bird The statement "Coke is a drink" is true because Coke is a liquid The statement "Something you need to do before you maintain muscle strength is lift weights" is true because exercising with weights builds muscle Romance novels are about love and are written by authors. sum rhymes with some The government office has a calculator the calculator is used to count the poplulation the census was written down in columns of numbers The government took a census and released the results in a sum of numbers. Humans would have a have difficulty communicating stories without nouns. If you drink too much you may become careless. If you are careless you could misspell a word A head ache is something you could get from drinking. If you yell real load you might get a headache. People of all languages may get a head ache. The statement "each location where people live are assigned an address" is true because The earth has been mapped in great detail The statement "The Marmot has recently been declared extinct on Vancouver Island." is true because The habitat has changed The statement "The first thing you do when you remember something is think about it for a while" is true because memories have associations The statement "a person can spring out of a box" is true because a box can be of nearly any size The statement "If you want to maintain good health then you should think much about health" is true because thinking about something is part of the solution The statement "People can die." is true because people are sometimes careless computing a sum is for totaling figures computing a sum is for adding things up playing frisbee is for getting into shape playing frisbee is for getting fit playing frisbee is for developing coordination killing people is for ending people's lives killing people is for going to prison a cubicle is for working within a cubicle is for granting personal space fiddling is for making music hand luggage is for carrying things around hand luggage is for holding personal posessions going jogging is for passing time going jogging is for getting into shape going jogging is for having fun going jogging is for getting fit a bottle of vodka is for drinking a bottle of vodka is for holding vodka a bottle of vodka is for getting drunk burlap is for making sacks burlap is for making clothing a hairbrush is for making hair look nice a hairbrush is for straightening hair a stapler is for attaching papers a stapler is for affixing things a hospital is for trauma patients a hospital is for healing sick people a hospital is for emergencies a hospital is for doctors to work within a first floor is for entering a building a first floor is for the reception area a first floor is for exiting a building having a haircut is for changing the style of your hair having a haircut is for making yourself look neater having a haircut is for making your hair look nice having a haircut is for trimming unwanted hair Situation: I am having my lunch going to the zoo is for learning about animals going to the zoo is for feeding animals going to the zoo is for seeing animals going to the zoo is for spending quality time with children going to the zoo is for having fun playing the violin is for being artistic playing the violin is for being creative playing the violin is for making people sad playing the violin is for making people happy taking in a film is for watching a story taking in a film is for passing time taking in a film is for spending time with friends taking in a film is for learning about something new Situation: i am getting ready for school winning a baseball game is for advancing the team winning a baseball game is for proving better skill Situation: we should respect our elders a chess board is for placing chess pieces upon Situation: a minute has 60 seconds going outside for an evening is for spending time with a loved one going outside for an evening is for having fun going outside for an evening is for spending time with friends going outside for an evening is for getting away from home hurting someone else is for inflicting pain upon someone hurting someone else is for being mean an hour has 60 minutes a purse is for holding makeup a purse is for holding personal effects a purse is for holding money a purse is for holding cash a purse is for holding change Situation: we know it is morning when the cock crows running in a marathon is for having fun running in a marathon is for getting into shape running in a marathon is for reaching a goal running in a marathon is for getting fit the earth revolves around the sun in 365 and 1/4 days Situation: we eat food when we are hungry Situation: we go to schhol to study Situation: the earth has two poles , north pole and south pole a hair shaping gel is for making hair look nice a hair shaping gel is for fixing hair a hair shaping gel is for molding hair a hair shaping gel is for arranging hair a hair shaping gel is for shaping hair Situation: i am surfing the internet for information north pole is the norternmost tip of earth Situation: Teaching is when we are helping people learn about the world. Situation: we read books to get knowledge a seafood restaurant is for serving shrimp a seafood restaurant is for serving lobster a seafood restaurant is for serving seafood a seafood restaurant is for serving fish a seafood restaurant is for eating seafood Situation: i am bathing because i want to be free from diseases southpole is the southernmost tip of the earth To understand the event "Shane decided to spend the summer hiking.", it is important to know that Shane went hiking To understand the event "Shane decided to spend the summer hiking.", it is important to know that Hiking is an activity To understand the event "Shane decided to spend the summer hiking.", it is important to know that It was summer Situation: i am walking with my two hands swaying to and fro there are four main directions a launching platform is for launching things a launching platform is for launching probes a launching platform is for launching rockets a launching platform is for launching shuttles a launching platform is for launching satelites the four main directions are north,south east and west To understand the event "Jamie was a farm girl. She killed cows to eat on her farm.", it is important to know that Jamie lived on a farm To understand the event "Jamie was a farm girl. She killed cows to eat on her farm.", it is important to know that Jamie eats meat the four main directions are north,south, east and west a piece of paper is for writing upon a piece of paper is for reading from a piece of paper is for folding To understand the event "Jamie was a farm girl. She killed cows to eat on her farm.", it is important to know that Cows lived on the farm To understand the event "Jamie was a farm girl. She killed cows to eat on her farm.", it is important to know that Jamie is a girl Situation: i am studying hard to get a job a movie is for fun a movie is for learning from a movie is for enjoying the sun rises in the east direction jumping rope is for exercising jumping rope is for getting into shape jumping rope is for having fun jumping rope is for getting fit jumping rope is for passing time Situation: i am sitting on a chair a boarding room is for shelter a boarding room is for living inexpensively a boarding room is for living within Situation: i am wearing a cardigan right now pure water freezes at 0 degree centigrade the moon is a satellite of the earth the earth is in the shape of a ball,flattened at the poles and bulging at the equator an electronic appliance is for doing things more efficiently an electronic appliance is for doing things better an electronic appliance is for performing tasks an electronic appliance is for making things easier to do an electronic appliance is for making life easier writing a poem is for expressing oneself writing a poem is for capturing emotion onto paper writing a poem is for being artistic a strip mall is for buying things a light source is for enabling sight a light source is for being able to see things in the dark a light source is for providing light a light source is for brightening up a dark area an airline seat is for sitting while on an airplane an airline seat is for comfort during flight an airline seat is for floatation in the event of a crash at sea climbing is for having fun climbing is for getting into shape climbing is for moving up along an object dressing nice is for looking nice dressing nice is for having a nice appearance dressing nice is for attending a formal function Situation: I am sitting at work In the event "Sarah gave birth to a baby.", something that changed was Sarah became a mother In the event "Sarah gave birth to a baby.", something that changed was There is another person in the world In the event "Sarah gave birth to a baby.", something that changed was Sarah lost weight You would make sure you're healthy because you want to live longer Something that might happen as a consequence of playing is getting tired Things that are often found together are: propellors, air, plane, clouds, mountains Things that are often found together are: propellors, air, plane, clouds, mountains In the event "Fred and Bill are brothers. Fred killed Bill.", something that changed was Fred is not a nice person In the event "Fred and Bill are brothers. Fred killed Bill.", something that changed was Fred is a criminal In the event "Fred and Bill are brothers. Fred killed Bill.", something that changed was Bill is dead In the event "Fred and Bill are brothers. Fred killed Bill.", something that changed was Fred has committed fratricide This is a blue umbrella Some people like to read books. linoleum is for flooring linoleum is for bathrooms linoleum is for kitchens Situation: my legs are crossed Situation: When I sit, my legs bend at the knee. Situation: When I work at the computer all day my eyes get dry. Situation: My eye gets dry when I don't blink. Another way to say "Dust settles on the top side of things" is "An object will get dust on the top of itself if the dust is settling." Another way to say "You are likely to find a fox in a field" is "in a field you may find a fox" Dungeons and Dragons is a game. Games can be played with yourself or someone else. Dungeons and Dragons is a role playing game. A role playing game has rules. A role playing game may have the rules change to keep the story interesting. In a role playing game, the role is who you are pretending to be. Some role playing games use dice. Dungeons and Dragons uses dice. A dungeon is an underground cell or a labyrinth. A dragon is a mythological reptilian monster. mythological means pretend reptilian means either is a reptile or is like a reptile. a stairwell is for accessing stairs an action figure is for displaying the likeness of an action hero/character an action figure is for fun an action figure is for playing an aerial bomb is for advancing position in a war an aerial bomb is for destorying things from high above an aerial bomb is for destroying targets an aerial bomb is for blowing things up going to work is for performing a job going to work is for supporting your family going to work is for earning a living a doormat is for keeping the floor clean a doormat is for wiping ones feet a doormat is for decoration a doormat is for keeping a house clean a serving trolley is for transporting meals a serving trolley is for transporting beverages a serving trolley is for carrying foods a serving trolley is for transporting foods a serving trolley is for carrying beverages reading a letter is for discovering someone's message reading a letter is for receiving communication reading a letter is for obtaining information a ticket office is for reserving tickets a ticket office is for answering questions about ticket sales a salon is for having your hair colored a salon is for having your hair permed a salon is for having your hair styled a salon is for having your nails manicured Another way to say "Taskent is a city in Uzbekistan" is "Any given city in the locality of Uzbekistan could be Taskent." Another way to say "diving is for competing in the olympics" is "The purpose of the act of diving is competition in the Olympic Games." Another way to say "default location dog pound" is "The automatic situation is a canine penitentiary." Another way to say "Something you find at a war is death" is "Death is present at a war." Another way to say "Elizabeth told Judy a secret." is "MiniStory: Judy was informed of a secret by Elizabeth." Another way to say "winter is a cold season" is "In wintertime, temperatures are relatively low." Another way to say "Jamming was used as a military weapon." is "One attack of war is jamming." Another way to say "Humans have two feet" is "The species Homo Sapiens, when not affected by birth defects or injury, is possessive of dual weight-supporting appendages used in locomotion." Another way to say "A human can mail to a human" is "Postal transfer is an ability possessed betwixt two modern ape descendants." Another way to say "Stereos have audio amplifiers." is "A stereo chassis is inclusive of an electronic device capable of increasing the intensity of sound." Another way to say "Rare things are often valuable" is "Objects sparse in nature tend to possess high monetary value." Another way to say "Cargo is carried in a vehicle." is "A purpose of vehicles is for the transport of cargo." Another way to say "musicians make music" is "music is produced by musicians." Another way to say "cotton is used for making clothes" is "Cotton's primary purpose is as a textile fabric source." Another way to say "a person doesn't want to be rejected" is "One wish of the average Joe is to experience a lack of rejection." Japanese people live in Japan. Another way to say "The daisy is a pretty flower" is "Beauty can be found in the appearance of the daisy." Another way to say "Oil is used in many ways." is "Petroleum by-products have many functions." Another way to say "a kinkgdom is ruled by a king" is "a kingdom is ruled by a king" a human can break a vow a web server can stream live video a company can market a product or service Removal of a small piece of cheese can spring a mousetrap A factory machine can can juice a minesweeper can clear a minefield a robot can cry salt water a peon can question authority a video game player can save their progress a real estate agent can offer a price somebody can need a hug a retiree can receive a pension a copilot can ready to launch a conquistador can trade gold and silver a bad reputation can be closing opportunities a fish can kiss a donut People sometimes say "sheesh" to express frustration with something. A college student can require money from their parents The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "This could be related to when I visited my sick friend." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "The doctor said that my friend had mumps." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "They also told me that mumps was highly contagious, and often deadly." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "But I wanted to give my friend a big French kiss." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "So I did." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "Soon after, I began to feel chilled and woozy." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "My momma said I had a fever." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "She also said I had lipstick all over my face. But I ignored that." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "My neck slowly swelled up like a giant hot air balloon. My momma gave me a sour lollipop to ease my recovery, but it tasted like $@&^." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "It was a few weeks later, after my mom had sent me to a forced labor camp to build my character, that I DIED." The story "Catching Mumps" has the step "The coroner said "Looks like mumps." And then the lady with the alligator purse disemboweled me. The End." Situation: I am very tired from running. Situation: I need to go to work this morning Situation: A computer makes a lot of jobs go much faster. Situation: It is hard for a student to keep up his studies and a job at the same time. The statement "Titles are mostly capitalized.]" helps answer the question "How do I correctly start a book?" The statement "A story is sometimes written down and made into a book." helps answer the question "How do I share my imagination with others?" The statement "A cardboard box can't hold liquids very well." helps answer the question "What should I store this milk in?" The statement "If you want to sign a contract then you should use a blue pen" helps answer the question "What is the meaning of life?" The statement "The effect of having a heart attack is to bring life close to its end" helps answer the question "why did my grandfather die shortly after his heart attack?" The statement "Glasgow Rangers is a soccer team." helps answer the question "Who are the Glasgow Rangers?" The story "Seeing Old Things" has the step "I was delighted at this, as I was feeling homicidal." The story "Seeing Old Things" has the step "To answer my feelings, I picked up a weapon." The story "Seeing Old Things" has the step "And then was promptly arrested." The story "Seeing Old Things" has the step "I was sent to jail where they locked me away for an eternity."