Find below a few minor errors in GetResponse(). Also, I noticed while using the brain editor that it won't become the top application if you click anywhere in the Tables pane (ie. left side), including the 'Tables' title bar. Let's say the brain editor occupies most of the screen and a 2nd app, the bottom half. When the 2nd app is on top, clicking the tables pane (or its title bar) will make the brain editor the active app but the 2nd app remains, covering it. [this may have something to do with the fact that the Tables pane is undockable, which I just discovered while writing this!] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'RESPOND: GREETINGS 'This takes care of the user greeting Hal 'First Hal checks to see if the user is greeting right now. If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "helloDetect") = "True" Then SaidHello = True Else SaidHello = False If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "helloDisqualify") = "True" Then SaidHello = False 'Second, Hal checks to see if the user said a greeting on the last exchange. If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "helloDetect") = "True" Then PrevHello = True Else PrevHello = False 'cag: code paste error ' If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "helloDisqualify") = "True" Then PrevHello = False If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "helloDisqualify") = "True" Then PrevHello = False '/cag . . . 'RESPOND: GOODBYES 'Check if the user is saying bye right now If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "byeDetect") = "True" Then SaidBye = True If InStr(1, UserSentence, " see me ", 1) > 0 And Len(UserSentence) < 10 Then SaidBye = True If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "byeDisqualify") = "True" Then SaidBye = False 'Check if Hal said bye in the previous sentence If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "byeDetect") = "True" Then PrevBye = True 'cag: code paste error ' If InStr(1, PrevUserSent, " see me ", 1) > 0 And Len(UserSentence) < 10 Then PrevBye = True If InStr(1, PrevUserSent, " see me ", 1) > 0 And Len(PrevUserSent) < 10 Then PrevBye = True '/cag . . . 'RESPOND: CHECK FOR AND RESPOND TO COMPLIMENTS 'First we check to see if the user is talking about Hal: If InStr(1, UserSentence, "I'M", 1) Then Aboutme = True If InStr(1, UserSentence, "I AM", 1) Then Aboutme = True If InStr(1, UserSentence, "I LOOK", 1) Then Aboutme = True If InStr(1, UserSentence, "MY", 1) And InStr(1, UserSentence, " ARE ", 1) Then Aboutme = True 'cag: allow for single case If InStr(1, UserSentence, "MY", 1) And InStr(1, UserSentence, " IS ", 1) Then Aboutme = True '/cag