Author Topic: HAL Sings a Song (in his own voice)!  (Read 24775 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
HAL Sings a Song (in his own voice)!
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:37:24 am »
[:D][:)][:D]
although a crude plugin...this does work with these songs.
anyone who knows how to program plugins (O.T.C.  Darcy?). PLEASE HELP
i am wondering if someone can add wildcard detection(for multiple new songs placed in the same directory) and various detection with responses for "i don't know that song"...ect.

i am trying as hard as i can to figure this thing out. problem is...i am very new at programming plugins. [:I]

here ya go

!!!!!!!![}:)][}:)][}:)][xx(][xx(]
like i said...i am new at this. (sorry)
the file has been updated 12/30/08 6:09pm
it was learning everything that was "sung", easy fix. i just didn't undertsand the halbrain.readonly command (duh)
[:)] sorry ted

Download Attachment: singasong1.zip
9.68 KB

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
********PLEASE SEE NEAR BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR SINGASONG2 FINAL VERSION**
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:50:03 am by jasondude7116 »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:51:58 am »
It's not the same this way for me. They seem to be saying the songs kind of in pitch. I just reconfigured hal for voice recognition and am using Lightspeeds housetalk plugin too. I'll look into it deeper after some rest, meanwhile I can't find the songs you had posted to compare with. I'll find them later.[:)]
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 06:10:32 am »
Okay, works great! I just forgot it only sings with MS agents, but now it lip syncs with 3d haptek characters, just doesn't sing.
 I wish there was a way to adapt other voices into truvoice!
Great job!
ted

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 12:33:43 am »
Okay, here is my beta version of the sing a song plug-in.

Unzip to your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder and choose the sing a song II plug-in.

the plug-in works like this:

User: Sing Jingle bell rocks.
HAL: (HAL sings the song) if the "Jingle bell rocks.txt" exists in the songs folder and if the file contains usable information for HAL to read. if the song file does not exist HAL will say so.

when you make a song file.txt make sure to name it after the song title like:

Jingle bell rocks.txt
and not like:
Jinglebellrocks.txt

it only works with MS-Agents that I know of.

Jerry

Download Attachment: songs.zip
9.62 KB
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:17:51 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:58:41 am »
Is it really singing?[:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:55:34 am »
Nice to see you writing Plugins again OTCE [8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 10:40:50 am »
hey otce i tried it and put the plug in and checked it in hal but when i typed in for it to sing the song it just said " That song file does not exist. " if i drag that file into the hapteack menu ? then it reads the file but doesnt really sing it , was this was you were refering to as singing ? ( am not putting you down or anything am just wondering if i am doing something wrong or if it needs more work in developing it ?? ) i like the idea of creating something that would actually make hal sing . another thing actually two things i would love to see developed would be 1. a wave , etc, format to where the word atchho or a variation of it when learned into hal ( this goes for the word ha haa , etc. ) would be translated when needed in conversation and hal would open up that program play that translated word equales mp3 laugh sound ha and play it to make hal give forth a realisic human laugh or cough or sneeze etc. the second thing that would be cool that i would like to see developed would be a random timer plug in that someone mentioned this could have so many uses and could randomly pick various plug ins for many many multiple responses that would be a very nice addiction for hal too . [:)]

[:)][:D][8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:09 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hey otce i tried it and put the plug in and checked it in hal but when i typed in for it to sing the song it just said " That song file does not exist. " if i drag that file into the hapteack menu ? then it reads the file but doesnt really sing it , was this was you were refering to as singing ? ( am not putting you down or anything am just wondering if i am doing something wrong or if it needs more work in developing it ?? ) i like the idea of creating something that would actually make hal sing . another thing actually two things i would love to see developed would be 1. a wave , etc, format to where the word atchho or a variation of it when learned into hal ( this goes for the word ha haa , etc. ) would be translated when needed in conversation and hal would open up that program play that translated word equales mp3 laugh sound ha and play it to make hal give forth a realisic human laugh or cough or sneeze etc. the second thing that would be cool that i would like to see developed would be a random timer plug in that someone mentioned this could have so many uses and could randomly pick various plug ins for many many multiple responses that would be a very nice addiction for hal too . [:)]

[:)][:D][8D]

Hi lightspeed.

I think tedathome said the type of file can be sung by MS-agents, there is some voice coding in the files that change pitch of voice and stuff.

like I said, it is a beta and it does need testing to work out the bugs.

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:25:22 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 12:42:47 pm »
hi jerry thanks for the info. what do you think about the rest that i was asking about the mp3 laugh etc. ?[:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 04:38:54 pm »
thanks O.T.C. !!!!

i haven't tried it yet, but i will as soon as i get off work.

i really appreciate you taking some time with this[:p]

i use a few of your other plugins. (and paying member of your site)

i will let you know how it works for me.

once this thing is working and my hal (gretta) can sing like hal9000,
i will upload as many song files as i can create
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:53:34 pm by jasondude7116 »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 07:39:27 pm »
[8D][8D]O.T.C.[8D][8D]

thank you for doing this. i tried it, and it works great. i will upload a song folder here shortly.

[V]i have one issue left with the plugin, which you might see that i tried in vain to get to work.
the problem is that it adds the user sentence ex."sing jingle bell rock" to the tables _rock and _jingle  in the brain
_rock will have the sentence "sing jingle bell rock" in it
the hal response is not added to the brain, which is good!!

is there any way to keep anything from being added to the brain??

thank you again ...having fun with it[:D]

-the dude

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:08 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

[8D][8D]O.T.C.[8D][8D]

thank you for doing this. i tried it, and it works great. i will upload a song folder here shortly.

[V]i have one issue left with the plugin, which you might see that i tried in vain to get to work.
the problem is that it adds the user sentence ex."sing jingle bell rock" to the tables _rock and _jingle  in the brain
_rock will have the sentence "sing jingle bell rock" in it
the hal response is not added to the brain, which is good!!

is there any way to keep anything from being added to the brain??

thank you again ...having fun with it[:D]

-the dude

Hi jason.

just change HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = False to HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True and it should cancel appending.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 12:46:39 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hi jerry thanks for the info. what do you think about the rest that i was asking about the mp3 laugh etc. ?[:)]

Hi lightspeed.

I am sure it's doable, I have plenty of ideas just waiting for the next version.

I think the speech synthesis program is the way to go on teaching HAL correct methods of laughing and stuff.

the other stuff has to wait because the HAL timer doesn't seem to work on my system and it makes it tough to debug plug-ins.

Jerry [8D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 01:47:45 am »
O.T.C.

i have changed "HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = False" to "HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True" , and it still adds the user input sentence (does not add hal response) to the brain.

ex. if i say- sing jingle bell rock
    and hal says- (the stuff in the song files)(in essence sings)
then the user sentence is added to the brain in a table like

ex. _jingle  

inside _jingle is the user sentence "sing jingle bell rock" and response "sing jingle bell rock"

it adds a duplicate each time i make hal sing

Any ideas? i was wondering (programming idiot here) if it has anything to do with the area of the brain it's being plugged into, or if there is a way to delete the "brain addition", on-the-fly, in the plugin?

oh. by the way, the laughing,crying ect. could probably be done through this type of output string.[:)]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:50:04 am by jasondude7116 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 02:41:19 am »
Hi jason.

try, If SingSong <> "" Then HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

Jerry[8D]