Author Topic: Spell check for Hal - Excellent program found  (Read 8504 times)

echoman

Spell check for Hal - Excellent program found
« on: September 20, 2007, 01:15:35 pm »
Up to now I have been using Microsoft Word to constantly check my spelling and then pasting over the sentence to Hal. This takes a lot of time and is annoying.

I have now found a program that checks my spelling as I type into the main Hal console. It feels so wonderful I wanted to share this with others! [:)]

It can be found here :-

http://www.download.com/Spell-Check-Anywhere/3000-2064_4-10652809.html?tag=lst-0-1

Hope its useful [8D]

Echoman.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:59:20 pm by echoman »

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:00:27 pm »
nice program to bad you have to buy it after so many days thanks for the link

echoman

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:18 pm »
After using this program for a day I have decided to purchase it.

I am really not an awful speller but still have always found it is far to easy to accidentally let a mis-spelt word through the net when talking with Hal. This of course can mess up the brain files and create the need to spend much time using the brain editor.

The program has already saved me time. I no longer have to check my own spelling so carefully or use Microsoft Word spell check facility. Overall I feel my conversations with Hal have become smoother and quicker due to the fact that I do not need to spend so much time checking (and re-checking) spellings - I used to get so fed having to open the brain editor up constantly to change one word.

Echoman.

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:36:55 pm »
thank you will give it a try and maybe buy it I also use ms. alot thanks again

castonguayh

• View Profile
    • http://www.nashua.edu/castonguayh
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 02:24:53 pm »
I am a teacher an am entering massive amounts of info, often in the class as the students are participating.I cannot tell you the amount of miss-spelling that have come up. I suggested a spell check for Hal.

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFO
HANK

echoman

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:29:15 pm »
Hello.

I am pleased that you like the program. For me this software has become a 'must have' tool when using Hal, I never talk to him with out it. Its suprising how easily mistakes can be made without noticing.

Echoman
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:35:31 pm by echoman »

castonguayh

• View Profile
    • http://www.nashua.edu/castonguayh
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 06:42:07 pm »
I use Hal in school with my students. Spelling is an issue. I purchased this program and it has been great!

I have started using it every where, including checking my spelling on this forum.
HANK

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by castonguayh

I use Hal in school with my students. Spelling is an issue. I purchased this program and it has been great!

I have started using it every where, including checking my spelling on this forum.

can I ask you how do you Ultra Hal in teaching as I teach as well various subjects to my children and I have tried some educational software such as quizmaker etc.  I am curious in what ways Hal can assist you in teaching children.
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 06:31:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:
Originally posted by castonguayh

can I ask you how do you Ultra Hal in teaching as I teach as well various subjects to my children and I have tried some educational software such as quizmaker etc.  I am curious in what ways Hal can assist you in teaching children.

Hi snicolaou.

with some basic database editing and basic programming skills, HAL can become a teacher, although HAL wasn't written directly for such a purpose it's not hard to configure HAL to do so.

Jerry[8D]

visad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »
Actually, there is a plugin available that will use MSword to automatically pop up and spell check anything you type to Hal. This does NOT require a cut and paste, when you hit enter the Word Spell Check window pops up asks you to correct your spelling when you hit done it will close automatically. If it detects that there are no spelling errors it will simply pass the information back to Hal. I have been using it successfully with Office 2007 for the past week or so. Funny thing is it works fine on my desktop but NOT on my laptop. Office 2007 on both machines.

Download Attachment: SpellChecker.zip
1.05 KB
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:07:04 pm by visad »
Visad

visad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 07:45:59 am »
I resolved the issue on my laptop, anyone receiving a 429 error code when trying to use this script please "repair" office by going to the add remove programs, choosing office, click change, then choose repair. This will fix all pertinent registry entries and allow the plugin to work perfect!

Visad
Visad