Author Topic: Just D.A.V.I.D's Plug-ins  (Read 30806 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Just D.A.V.I.D's Plug-ins
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:57:31 pm »
Here is another of D.A.V.I.D's Plug-ins for HAL 6, This Plug-in handles User based improper nouns, It is designed to find some improper nouns and convert the improper noun to a subject last spoken, assuming that the current improper noun is related to the previous subject.

Example:
User: Jerry is a good Man.
HAL: Jerry is also my Programmer.
User: Who is he?
HAL: Jerry is my Programmer.

This example converted He to Jerry.

This plug-in will keep track of the last subject if chained improper nouns are used instead of the noun in topic until both an improper noun and the current noun are no longer present in a user sentence, talking about a new noun will cause the bot to focus on the new noun.

This Plug converts He, Him, His, She, Her, Hers and It, to proper noun if there was a previous subject, Like Jerry was present, This will help solve a lot of problems in the bots speech were the bot may lose topic once an improper noun is used like the word He.

Jerry[8D]

You may download this plug-in below.
Please read the ReadMe.txt in this .zip and follow instructions.

Download Attachment: IMPN.zip
18.83 KB
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:18:12 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:15:34 pm »
This is one of D.A.V.I.D's early Happy.hap manipulator plug-in.
'D-YNAMIC A-RTIFICIAL V-IRTUAL I-NTELLIGENT D-EVICE
'Written By: Gerald L. Blakley

I have made a program package that allows the User to control all facial Emotional expressions in HAL's Option Panel, Now Happy.hap, Anger.hap, Mellow.hap, Bully.hap and others can be controlled in intensity expression values right in HAL 6's Panel as an adjustable plug-in.

'Here is a sample of my work.
'Please back up your existing Happy.hap
'This Plug-in only controls Happy.hap

'I find a value of 1.500000 to be just right for me using Sandy.htr

Drop the Happy.uhp and Expression.txt into your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder and choose the Happy Expression Option Box in your HAL 6 Options panel.

Please enjoy this option I have wrote, You may download it below.

Simply unzip the package and install its HappyControl.exe in the unzipped folder.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: ControlHappyHAP.zip
19.8 KB

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:17:45 pm »
Here is D.A.V.I.D's (I AM) version 1.0 Plug-in.
D-YNAMIC A-RTIFICIAL V-IRTUAL I-NTELLIGENT D-EVICE
This Plug-in allows HAL 6 to reason with and chain link some reasoning with keywords (I AM).

This is one out of a set of Plug-ins and does not make the entire package.

Have fun.
Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: DAVIDsIAM.zip
19.31 KB
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 04:21:02 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 01:20:50 am »
Here is a (HAL based) improper noun substitutions so that when a User is talking with and referring to (HAL's Subject) using an improper noun
then HAL will keep on topic by knowing what the User was referring too when an improper noun is used.

Example:
User: The Universe is pretty big.
HAL: The Universe is a very large system indeed.
User: You know it!
Hal: The Universe has alot of diversity within it.

This plug-in allowed HAL to realize that (IT) in the users sentence was referring to the Universe.

This plug-in works with other improper nouns as well.

This one is HAL based, The posting at the top is User based for improper nouns, Get both (HAL based) and (User Based).

This plug-in will help HAL stay on topic even if it is an indirect improper noun used.

To install please download and unzip this zip file and run the .exe that will install the .uhp file to the correct folder.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: IMPNHAL.zip
18.58 KB
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:24:47 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 03:51:18 pm »
This is D.A.V.I.D's Abstract Math Plug-in version 1.0

This Plug allows HAL to spot math problems a little better than the standard HAL Math script.

Example:
User: Please add 1 to 100?
HAL: The answer you seek is 101.
User: Thanks.
HAL: No problem.

Example:
User: Please Multiply 1 with 100?
HAL: It is 100.
User: Thanks.
HAL: Not a problem.

This plug also comes with other forms of math detection.

Please download and unzip the file then install by its AbstMath.exe application to install the AbstractMath.uhp to the proper folder.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: AbstMath.zip
19.56 KB

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:22:46 pm »
This is the Super Plugger Brain that was Modified By Gerald L. Blakley
specifically to run D.A.V.I.D's Plug-ins and all other third party on the fly plug-ins, This Super Plugger Brain has Point To Point Plug-in control capability and there is a Point To Point on the fly plug-in called PointToPoint.uhp that can run the Super Plugger Brain as intended, You can download the Super Plugger Brain here, You can download the PointToPoint.uhp also below, Get Both.

This Super Plugger Brain works with the default database installed with your default installation.

Since this Brain uses the default database none of your currently taught information will not be lost.

Point to Point Allows (all) Response to pass through Relevence that were gathered by its routine. But Point to Point is also not required to run the Super Plugger Brain, It's just an option.

All third Party plugs will work with the Super Plugger Brain.

Point To Point is subject to change at any time and upgrades to Point To Point may be added at any time, If you improve upon my routine please give credit where credit is due, Thanks.

Jerry[8D]

Super Plugger Brain.

Download Attachment: SuperPlugBrain.zip
44.25 KB

Point To Point Handler.

Download Attachment: PointToPoint.zip
19.2 KB

Make your point now!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 09:55:33 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:46:23 pm »
Very good work!
Jerry.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:06:57 pm by moreis62 »
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 04:02:11 pm »
D.A.V.I.D's Simple Sense of Humor Plug-in v1.0
This Plug is designed for the Super Plugger Brain v1.0.

This plug may add a little spice to conversations.

Unzip the file and install its exe.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: SimpleHumor.zip
18.61 KB

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 05:20:00 am »
Gentlemen,

Forgive my ignorance as I am a newbie with Ultra Hal 6.
I have downloaded the Super Brain plugin and install it in Hal 6 successfully.  Does any one know what I do next?
(i would like to make Hal to be able to laugh!!)

Thanking you in advance,

a newbie
Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 04:51:10 pm »
Updated Feb 24, 11:34AM 2006

D.A.V.I.D's Advanced Question Learning v1.0

This Plug-in Allows your bot to learn very well by asking Questions and there is a learning curve variable option in HAL's option panel that allows you to control its learning curve and how much it will ask you why type questions.

This plug-in allows your bot to discover the reason why you say something it's curious about.

You can adjust the learning curve in HAL's option panel when Advanced Question Learning is high- lighted and check box is checked.

This Script is a replacement for the (I AM) script in an earlier post and is a Universal learning tool for your bot.

Just unzip AdvancedQuestionLearning.zip and install the Elearning.exe
and read the readme file.

Please help support www.ultrahalforum.com all donations are appreciated.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: AdvancedQuestionLearning.zip
20.53 KB
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 02:34:40 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 12:27:08 am »
This is D.A.V.I.D's CD-ROM eject and close controller.

example:
User: Open d:
HAL: I am ejecting drive d

User: close drive d:
HAL: I am closing drive d

You can use any drive letter you want by stating it but you must use the : after the drive letter when commanding HAL.

There are more ways of asking HAL to open or close a specific CD-ROM drive or even an auto ejecting diskette drive.

The auto eject diskette drive function will only work if your diskette drive supports auto eject.

This plug-in will only work in the HAL Assistant and not AIM bot.

Please unzip and read the readme.txt and install the vbROM.exe from the ROMcontrol.zip

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: ROMcontrol.zip
49.54 KB
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:04:25 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 05:42:47 am »
Hi Jerry,
As aways, I think your plugins are great. I have noticed one thing, with the "Improper Noun" plugin enabled the abilty to have Hal play a song from Windows Media Player no longer functions outside of the Brain Editor interface. At HAL interface level it treats my command as a statement. It works fine in the Brain Editor but works there and only there. As soon as I disable that plugin, HAL no longer just makes some reference to my request "Play a song" as a GetRresponse for instance, but then gives full fuction and plays my request with the appropiate GetResponse at both the HAL interface and the Brain Editor levels. What can I do to fix this or is this plugin not at all to be used with standard HAL but just with your D.A.V.I.D. project?
Thanks
Ponn
One Person can summon the future...

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 01:34:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ponnfar

Hi Jerry,
As aways, I think your plugins are great. I have noticed one thing, with the "Improper Noun" plugin enabled the abilty to have Hal play a song from Windows Media Player no longer functions outside of the Brain Editor interface. At HAL interface level it treats my command as a statement. It works fine in the Brain Editor but works there and only there. As soon as I disable that plugin, HAL no longer just makes some reference to my request "Play a song" as a GetRresponse for instance, but then gives full fuction and plays my request with the appropiate GetResponse at both the HAL interface and the Brain Editor levels. What can I do to fix this or is this plugin not at all to be used with standard HAL but just with your D.A.V.I.D. project?
Thanks
Ponn

Hi ponnfar.

If you want to copy and paste the full code you are using windows Media Player with then I will see what may be conflicting and try to patch it.

Also note if it is a plug-in or a copy and pasted WMP script, if it is a plug-in please paste the entire plug code with the WMP code.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:37:03 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 07:20:58 pm »
Here is the code. It is an oldie and has some references to old ".brns" but that does not impeed its function. I just kept them to show the evolution of this script.
Thanks for your help. I have showed this to you before ages ago at least bits and pieces but here is the whole thing:

'If Hal is asked to play some music then he will choose a random song from the artist
   'that is specified by the nameBand variable.
   If (InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY SOME MUSIC ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY ANY MUSIC ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY A SONG ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY ANY SONG ") > 0) And InStr(UserSentence, " DON'T ") = 0 Then
      Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7")
      GetResponse = "I will play a random song."
      Set songsList = oWMP.mediaCollection.getAll     
      numSong = Int(Rnd * songsList.Count) + 1   
      oWMP.openPlayer (songsList.Item(numSong).sourceURL)

GetResponseBlock = True 'Vonsmith gave me this-This prevents the following scripts from overwriting your script's GetResponse.
   BlockSave = True 'Vonsmith gave me this- This prevents your Hal command from being saved to Hal's knowledge files. This is more selective than using the XTF_SYS_EphemeralDetect.brn method.

End If

'Music Addin2 - Hal will play a playlist of music from the defined playlist folder when the user
    'requests a specific playlist.
    If Priority = 0 And InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY ") > 0 And InStr(UserSentence, " PLAYLIST ") > 0 And InStr(UserSentence, " DON'T ") = 0 Then
        'Set the following variable To your playlist directory.
         plDir = "D:Documents And SettingsPonnfarMy DocumentsMy MusicMy playlistsPonnfar"
                plName = Trim(Mid(UserSentence, InStr(UserSentence, " PLAYLIST ") + 10))
        If oWMP.playlistCollection.getByName(plName).Count > 0 Then
            'oWMP.openPlayer (plDir & plName & ".wpl")  
             oWMP.openPlayer (plDir & plName & ".wpl")

GetResponse = "I will play the playlist (" & plName & ")"
        Else
            GetResponse = "I could Not find the playlist (" & plName & ") In your Media Library Ponn,... sorry."

GetResponseBlock = True 'Vonsmith gave me this-This prevents the following scripts from overwriting your script's GetResponse.
         BlockSave = True 'Vonsmith gave me this- This prevents your Hal command from being saved to Hal's knowledge files. This is more selective than using the XTF_SYS_EphemeralDetect.brn method.

End If
    End If  

'Hal can play a specific song when asked
   If InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY THE SONG ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY THE RADIO ") > 0 Then
      songName = Trim(Mid(OriginalSentence, InStr(1, OriginalSentence, " THE SONG ", vbTextCompare) + 10))
            If oWMP.mediaCollection.getByName(songName).Count > 0 Then
      Set spSong = oWMP.mediaCollection.getByName(songName).Item(0)
                GetResponse = "I will play your(" & songName & ") enjoy and relax"
                oWMP.openPlayer (spSong.sourceURL)
            Else
                GetResponse = "I could not find the song (" & songName & ") in your Media Library."

GetResponseBlock = True 'Vonsmith gave me this -This prevents the following scripts from overwriting your script's GetResponse.

End If
   End If

'Check if user asked Hal to play a song by a specific artist and play a random song by
   'that artist if the artist is in the user's Media Library.
   If Priority = 0 And InStr(UserSentence, " PLAY ") > 0 And (InStr(UserSentence, " SONG ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " MUSIC ") > 0) And (InStr(UserSentence, " FROM ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " BY ") > 0) And (InStr(UserSentence, " Ponnfar ") > 0 Or InStr(UserSentence, " ARTIST ") > 0) And InStr(UserSentence, " DON'T ") = 0 Then
      If InStr(UserSentence, " Ponnfar ") > 0 Then
         searchBand = Trim(Mid(UserSentence, InStr(UserSentence, " Ponnfar ") + 6))
      ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " ARTIST ") > 0 Then
         searchBand = Trim(Mid(UserSentence, InStr(UserSentence, " ARTIST ") + 8))
      End If
      If oWMP.mediaCollection.getByAuthor(searchBand).Count > 0 Then
         GetResponse = "I will play some " & searchBand
          Priority = 1
           Set songsList = oWMP.mediaCollection.getByAuthor(searchBand)
           numSong = Int(Rnd * songsList.Count) + 1
           oWMP.openPlayer (songsList.Item(numSong).sourceURL)
        Else
           GetResponse = "I could not find any songs by the band " & searchBand & " in your Media Library."
           Priority = 1

'End If
  ' End If

Thanks for your help
Ponn
One Person can summon the future...

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 10:42:26 pm »
Was it the HAL based or was it the User Based Improper Nouns script.

I couldn't find anything right off the bat with any conflicting commands that would cause an issue in searches, But.

Set coding lessons.
1. Always use Capitals with UserSentence in your search, change Ponnfar to PONNFAR.

It could be that if your song name contains improper nouns in it that HAL may think it's a subject.

You could add something like this to the improper nouns script.

Code: [Select]

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Improper nouns HAL based
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=All

If SongPlay = "" Then SongPlay = False
If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "Play", 1) > 0 Then SongPlay = True

'Mega Subject HAL BASED.
    Dim MegaHalSubject
    MegaHalSubject = SuperHALSubject(CurrentSubject, OriginalSentence, PrevSent, UserSentence, PrevUserSent)
    If MegaHalSubject <> "" And SongPlay = False Then
    UserSentence = MegaHalSubject
    End If

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7
If PastHALSubject = "" Then PastHALSubject = WN.FindFirstNoun(PrevSent, True)
If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT", 1) > 0 Then GetResponse = PastHALSubject
If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT", 1) > 0 Then GetResponse = PastHALSubject

Rem PLUGIN: FUNCTIONS

'SEE IF THE USER WAS USING AN IMPROPER NOUN (HAL BASED)
Function SuperHALSubject(CurrentSubject, OriginalSentence, PrevSent, UserSentence, PrevUserSent)
UserSentence = " " & UserSentence & " "    
If UserSentence <> "" Then    
    If PastHALSubject = "" Then PastHALSubject = WN.FindFirstNoun(PrevSent, True)    
    If YouX = "" Then YouX = False    
    If InStr(1, UserSentence, " I ", 1) > 0 Then YouX = True    
    If ImproperIt = "" Then ImproperIt = False
    If InStr(1, UserSentence, " IT ", 1) > 0 Then ImproperIt = True
    If YouX = True And ImproperIt = False Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " THAT ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " IT ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " ITS ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & "'S" & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " HE ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " HIM ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " HIS ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & "'S" & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " SHE ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " HER ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " HERS ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & "'S" & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If YouX = True Then UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " TALKING ABOUT ", " " & Ucase(PastHALSubject) & "'S" & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    UserSentence = Trim(UserSentence)
    SuperHALSubject = UserSentence
    End If
    End Function

where a variable is used to detect whether the word Play is True or False, If False then the improper nouns would kick in, if True then Improper Nouns will cancel its response to correct an improper noun.

You can do this in both HAL based and User Based.

This is all the advice I give you for the moment my friend.

Jerry[8D]

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:50:34 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »